TBR Scoring Relative to AAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefuldawkter

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm consistently scoring in the 127-129 range in the TBR passages for C/P. How does this translate over relative to AAMC? Is it inflated or deflated?

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, nobody will be able to answer this because third party scores should be taken with a grain of salt. You'll only know for sure after you take your first AAMC FL exam.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

If you are talking about the passages in the books that correspond to the C/P section, then it actually a very good indicator. That is, as long as you are averaging scores across the full spectrum of general chemistry, organic chemistry, physics, and the two metabolism chapters in the biology books. That's 32 sections total, and you should expect that your average score on those sections will be +/= 1 of your score on the C/P section of the MCAT.

While I appreciate where Kevin is coming from with respect to FLs, and I tend to agree with that statement for the most part, the phases in the books associated with C/P are the exception to that comment. They are scaled based on people's MCAT scores over the years. They are pretty good in terms of N value and they are based on over 4000 questions (the total number of questions in those sections.).

Are you by any chance doing the Zoom class with the books? The question sets with those are also a good indicator.

I'm consistently scoring in the 127-129 range in the TBR passages for C/P. How does this translate over relative to AAMC? Is it inflated or deflated?

I was averaging around there on most of the phases and I ended up getting a 132 in CP. I wouldn't take the scores that seriously because the most important thing is getting good at test taking and learning the tricks in their explanations. Read and think about every explanation they offer.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you are talking about the passages in the books that correspond to the C/P section, then it actually a very good indicator. That is, as long as you are averaging scores across the full spectrum of general chemistry, organic chemistry, physics, and the two metabolism chapters in the biology books. That's 32 sections total, and you should expect that your average score on those sections will be +/= 1 of your score on the C/P section of the MCAT.

While I appreciate where Kevin is coming from with respect to FLs, and I tend to agree with that statement for the most part, the phases in the books associated with C/P are the exception to that comment. They are scaled based on people's MCAT scores over the years. They are pretty good in terms of N value and they are based on over 4000 questions (the total number of questions in those sections.).

Are you by any chance doing the Zoom class with the books? The question sets with those are also a good indicator.

Where can I find out more about TBR’s Zoom classes?

Reactions: 1 user