TCNJ/NJMS NU/Feinberg PSU/Jefferson SLU USC/Keck VCU/MCV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TCNJ/NJMS, PSU/Jefferson, VCU/MCV, NU/Feinberg, USC/Keck, SLU

• TCNU(The College of New Jersey)/NJMS

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • PSU/Jefferson

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • VCU/MCV

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • NU/Feinberg

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • USC/Keck

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Saint Loius U

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters

river2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a high school senior and I got into 6 BS/BA/MD programs. The scholarships given are for undergraduate only.
TCNJ, 7 years program, scholarships $8000, balance $20000
NU, 7 years, $25000, $25000
PSU, 7 years, 0, $35000
Saint Louis U, 8 years, $18000, $20000
USC, 8 years, $35000, $15000
VCU, 8 years, $13000, $12000

Members don't see this ad.

make the poll a little longer and ask us what car you should drive, what organic chem textbook you should use, and what to wear for a first date.

How about you tell us where YOU want to go? do you mind the cold? USC and NU are a world apart in terms of weather and overall atmosphere (Evanston/Chicago vs. Los Angeles).

there's a lot more to picking a school than how much scholarship money you're getting.

i go to tcnj, so if you want to ask questions about the school specifically, i'd be happy to answer. i also applied to njms, so...ditto.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a high school senior and I got into 6 BS/BA/MD programs. The scholarships given are for undergraduate only.
PSU, 7 years, 0, $35000

I'd vote for Northwestern if you don't mind the cold/want to be closer to the Northeast for family reasons and USC's program if you hate snow or need to be closer to the West coast for whatever reason. However, I only applied to two of the schools you listed for med school and none of these schools for undergrad. I base my opinion on reputation and my own personal interest in being in a cool city like Chicago or LA over Hershey PA, Saint Louis MO, or New Brunswick NJ, with Northwestern taking a small preference in my mind due to friends' experiences in undegrad there versus knowing nothing about USC's undergrad or medical school climate.

I'd vote for Northwestern if you don't mind the cold/want to be closer to the Northeast for family reasons and USC's program if you hate snow or need to be closer to the West coast for whatever reason. However, I only applied to two of the schools you listed for med school and none of these schools for undergrad. I base my opinion on reputation and my own personal interest in being in a cool city like Chicago or LA over Hershey PA, Saint Louis MO, or New Brunswick NJ, with Northwestern taking a small preference in my mind due to friends' experiences in undegrad there versus knowing nothing about USC's undergrad or medical school climate.

we're in ewing. it's even less cool than new brunswick. :laugh: tcnj has a great reputation and is ranked quite highly, despite the fact that almost no one outside of nj has heard of us :D

PSU, 7 years, 0, $35000

Just to be picky - the PSU/Jefferson program is 6 years. 2 years at PSU, 4 years at Jeff.

I base my opinion on reputation and my own personal interest in being in a cool city like Chicago or LA over Hershey PA, Saint Louis MO, or New Brunswick NJ, with Northwestern taking a small preference in my mind due to friends' experiences in undegrad there versus knowing nothing about USC's undergrad or medical school climate.

Again, just to be picky - the PSU/Jeff program doesn't send any of its kids to Hershey. You spend 2 years at State College, which PSU alumni seem to love with every ounce of being. (Seriously, the amount of pride that people take in being PSU alumni is scary at times. But I will admit that it's a great college town, and not a bad place to go to school.) Then they spend 4 years in Philadelphia, at Jefferson.

I know some people who went to undergrad in New Brunswick, NJ. They liked it a lot - it was a good college town, and pretty close to NYC.

I know some people who went to undergrad in New Brunswick, NJ. They liked it a lot - it was a good college town, and pretty close to NYC.

TCNJ's not in new brunswick! :laugh: we're like 45 minutes from it - and more than an hour and a half from NYC. try philly. :D