tcom interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thedeepz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i recently interviewed at tcom, and had a question that i don't really know how i 'should' have answered. as i recall, i weaved my way through it, but i was wondering what a 'good' answer would be.

"how would you get along with the students here?"

it just seems... odd to me.. not quite sure what he was looking for

gracias!

Members don't see this ad.

i would have said that i planned on studying with them in groups and doing recreational activities and the such. something along the lines of strength in numbers when faced with dire situations.
and yes, medical school can be a very dire situation!

I'd say "well" and grin.

Members don't see this ad :)
i recently interviewed at tcom, and had a question that i don't really know how i 'should' have answered. as i recall, i weaved my way through it, but i was wondering what a 'good' answer would be.

"how would you get along with the students here?"

it just seems... odd to me.. not quite sure what he was looking for

gracias!

how did you answer?

i would say that the students what i've seen seem like x from what i've seen while here. from my own experiences, i'm x as well and thus think that i would fit in.

honestly, it's all kind of a blur. the entire interview was only 15 minutes long (made me not feel so super about it when i was walking away from it). i believe i said something about how i've always gotten along well with my peers in academic environments and that i didn't foresee any problems. probably not the best answer. i was just unprepared for it...

honestly, it's all kind of a blur. the entire interview was only 15 minutes long (made me not feel so super about it when i was walking away from it). i believe i said something about how i've always gotten along well with my peers in academic environments and that i didn't foresee any problems. probably not the best answer. i was just unprepared for it...

No need to beat yourself up about this. You were given an unexpected question and you struggled with it. It happens. I seriously doubt your status will depend on this one answer. In the future, just be positive, be yourself, be clear and brief. If you're not sure how to answer something, just say something positive, like, "I like studying with my peers {give example}" or (for a different question related to patients huge ethical dilemnas) "I enjoy ethical dilemnas because I really feel challenged and I like to be challenged AND have the opportunity to make a positive difference in a person's life {give example}." Make take is that the interviewers mainly just want to get to know you and detect any obvious personality flaws. Happy Interviewing! :luck: