TCOM response

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JS

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently interviewed at TCOM in mid Feb. How long did it take to hear something, either way?

Members don't see this ad.

TCOM called me around two weeks after my interview. I was accepted in November. What did you think about the school/interview? My interview's at TCOM were much harder that the other schools I interviewed(Houston,UTMB,San Antonio). I liked TCOM the best, because I just felt more comfortable there.

Andrew, TCOM 2004

I didn't hear for seven weeks! Waiting was an agonizing experience and the people I knew who had been accepted had heard much sooner. In admissions they said that your file doesn't necessarily go in front of the committee with other applicants that you interviewed with but in order of when your file was complete etc... Hang in there!!!!
Ruth, TCOM 2004

Members don't see this ad :)
two weeks response for me. see ya'll at an excellent medical school!

DO Boy
TCOM 04

Does anyone have any idea as to how many seats TCOM has left for its entering class? I was lucky enough to get an interview for next week, but I am worried that it is so late in the cycle that my best chance will be to get waitlisted. I have already been accepted at one other school, but I would much much much rather go to TCOM since I am a TX resident. If anyone has any information they would like to share about their experience with TCOM interviews, waitlists, or admissions in general I would be very grateful. Thanks and congratulations to those already accepted.

I've heard a rumor that the class is already full and they're basically interviewing people for the waitlist. Still, every year people do get in off the waitlist since some students hold on to multiple acceptances. I'd go ahead and interview.

[This message has been edited by drusso (edited 03-11-2000).]

I interviewed early in Feb. and at that point they told us that the class was aprox. 60% full. I assume that since then some additional acceptances have gone out and the class size has increased. However, im pretty sure some people have also turned down accepatances (after the Jan. 15th Texas match day} and there is still remaining space in the 2004 class. At least I hope so, for your sake and mine! ( I have not heard back from them yet). Good Luck on your interview.

Hello

I interviewed on fro feb 4th.
what about you?
e-mail me at [email protected]

Originally posted by AAA:
I interviewed early in Feb. and at that point they told us that the class was aprox. 60% full. I assume that since then some additional acceptances have gone out and the class size has increased. However, im pretty sure some people have also turned down accepatances (after the Jan. 15th Texas match day} and there is still remaining space in the 2004 class. At least I hope so, for your sake and mine! ( I have not heard back from them yet). Good Luck on your interview.

Just thought I'd say that if anyone applies next year and TCOM ends up being part of the TX application system, there may be many more applicants than in the past! The result would be increased competition.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that if TCOM was simply a box to be checked off for applying rather than a whole onerus AACOMAS procedure, many more applicants will apply who were borderline deciding to go DO.

I guess I'm trying to say that now is a good time to get into TCOM vs in the next years.

Incidentally, I just met a beautiful venezuelan woman at a club/bar tonight who wants to go out sometime. She's 30, I'm 24 (but I lied and said I was 25). She hardly spoke a word of English, but I speak spanish so no problem. I L O V E latin women! In fact, my girlfriend of three years is a gorgeous 5'3", 110lbs, 36-26-34, Salma Hayek look-alike Mexican...hmm.

So anyone know how many female latin students attend TCOM? And are they pretty? Come to think of it, how physically attractive are the female students in general? And, how many are already hitched?

The person who answers this question is my personal TCOM H E R O!

And don't worry, I'm not a bad boyfriend. Really.

And finally, I believe argentinas, venezolanas, and mexicanas are the most beautiful in the W O R L D.

Ciao,
DO Boy

So remember, if there are any mneumonics in med school that require the letters AVM. You can think of these women...

that was certainly off the topic!
smile.gif
but i do agree with you about latin women! thats what i have in my own girlfriend!!! she's a beautiful mexican/puerto rican "barbie doll". dont get into too much trouble Do Boy...ha