TCOM Spring Fling

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by cjw0918, Mar 12, 2001.

1. cjw0918

cjw0918 Senior Member

Anyone going to the TCOM Spring Fling? I think it's March 30th. I think I'm going. I really want to meet some people. Take care all...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor

Resident [Any Field]
    What's the Spring Fling?

W.

4. cjw0918

cjw0918 Senior Member

The Spring Fling is a get together where students from the class of 2005 can meet each other and talk to other students at TCOM. There's a volleyball game, food, and other stuff. Just sounds like a nice way to meet classmates and get acquainted with the school.

5. splenDO

splenDO New Member

Hey cjw! Here is the lowdown on the Spring Fling. Note the dates, please come!

The annual Spring Fling event and volleyball tournament are scheduled for Saturday, March 31st. The event (scheduled from 9:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m.) will be held in the east parking lot of the Patient Care Center and in front of the Founder's Activity Center.

In addition to the volleyball tournament, Spring Fling will have a "carnival" that will consist of interactive games, midway booths, and concession stands run by our student clubs and organizations.

This year's Spring Fling will also honor Dr. Ronald Blanck, D.O. and celebrate his inauguration as the fourth president of the University of North Texas Health Science Center. This program kicks off a week of activities prior to his formal inauguration on April 7th at the Bass Hall.

Another addition to Spring Fling is the Preview weekend program. In order to welcome TCOM's newest group of students (yes, the Class of 2005!) the new students and their spouses have been invited to come on Friday and meet their new classmates, spend time with current students and participate in the festivities of Spring Fling. We will start the weekend on Friday with a student panel discussion at 6:00 p.m. in the Founders Activity Center and conclude the night with a mixer for the classes of 2003, 2004, and 2005. After participating in Saturday's events, new students are welcome to explore housing opportunities in the area and become familiar with the area they will soon call home!