TCOM---Time to freak out TEXAS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snowkhat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So anyone who is as nervous and freaked out as I am about the Texas process can post here. Early acceptances are given starting Weds. the 15th! I just got a weird note from TCOM that basically said that they could string us along WAYYY after February if they wanted. Let's hope that's not the case.

:scared: :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I am getting nervous with all that LMFU in the Texas thread. I feel better here. haha. I am not sure if they will notify me bc I just interviewed there last Tuesday, Nov. 7. But I realllllly would love to get accepted during the Pre-Match offers. I have two good friends who are MS1 and they are waiting to hear too. :scared: Do you know when the ADCOM meet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know Snowkhat. I wish they would just tell us as soon as possible so I can live in peace!! I don't think I'm going to make the Nov. 15 deadline. Let me know how it goes for you. I received that damn email and the osteopathic booklet from them today! False hope :(

That email was a killer. I freaked when i saw the email subject. Then my heart sank when the first words were: "Thank you for your continued interest..." I thought it was them telling me I wasn't going to get an intial offer. Then I kept reading and it turned out to be just an informative email. I really hate them for that! :)

Anyway, hope we all hear something soon!

So I heard that the new pre match date of Nov 15 was just a thing that UT southwestern wanted because the out of state med schools get the students with the great stats anytime they want with rolling admissions. I really think that TCOM will string people along until the match date, but who knows, they probably want to compete with the out of state schools and get to the students they want before many of the schools pluck the good ones. But I mean they have the best incoming class every year (well maybe not the best, but with the highest GPA and MCAT avg). Who wouldnt want to come to Texas, we have the best tuition around!

I don't know...but if I don't find out before December 10th I have to put down major "Moola" for my out-of-state school. And if I get strung-along past February, I am just going to call it quits and go out-of-state. This process sucks.

MY Texas ranking:
1.TCOM
2. A&M
3. TECH

My status changed to: The application review process is complete. Information will be sent to you in the mail.

what the heck does that mean!! Ahhh! It's different than earlier today!

Same here, mine and my boyfriend's changed today too. What do you think it means? Hope we are not reading into anything too much.

I freaked out when I saw that TCOM email; they should add to the subject heading "THIS IS NEITHER AN OFFER NOR A REJECTION!"

My status changed to: The application review process is complete. Information will be sent to you in the mail.

what the heck does that mean!! Ahhh! It's different than earlier today!

I don't know but that sounds like good news to me when I read it. Mine didn't change but hopefully it's because I interviewed there last Tuesday (too early). :(

My application status changed to "The application review process is complete. Information will be sent to you in the mail." today as well. It makes me feel slightly better knowing that I'm not the only one who's status changed, but I'm still a little freaked out by it. I also recieved that e-mail too, and I replied to it with a question about it, and they said not to read into the e-mail much, they're just stating the facts, and that they're not allowed to tell anyone anything regarding their admission status until Nov. 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have gotten a status change on their my.hsc.unt.edu account, when did you guys interview?

holy crap. my status changed too. What the heck does it mean? Do you think they will mail info out to people that are supposed to wait till the Feb match? I was under the impression that you just wouldn't hear from schools until then. But who knows. maybe they will send something telling you to wait. in that case, bummer.

Well, I called up TCOM about the change in my application status (it now says "The application review process is complete, information will be sent to you by mail") and they said that it's not indicative of anything, one way or the other, good or bad. They said it's just another part of the whole process, and that they have to update the online status every once in a while, and that's all it is. They also said that if you were rejected, they've already sent out letters for that and that it would tell you of your rejection online. So yeah. I guess this makes me feel a little better. Hope this helps with you guys too.

Darn, I hoped the "The application review process is complete, information will be sent to you by mail" message was a good sign. But if everyone got it then oh well. Better than a rejection.

So are you guys going to stay up until midnight to check your acceptance on the student portal? Good luck to all of you applying here, you'll love it here.(Now I've got to get back to studying Hematology!!)
Tcom200901

Well, mine still says: Your application is currently under review. Please refer to the TMDSAS web site for information on when and how you will be notified of the admissions decision.

I interviewed late July, so I'm not sure what it means that mine hasn't changed.

Well, mine still says: Your application is currently under review. Please refer to the TMDSAS web site for information on when and how you will be notified of the admissions decision.

I interviewed late July, so I'm not sure what it means that mine hasn't changed.

I'm assuming you are in-state? I interviwed end of July also, but my status has changed. Man, don't know which is good or bad or if either is any indication of anything. I hate this process so bad. I was fine the two weeks prior to this 15th nonsense, but since last week, this is all I can think about. Never mind that fact that there is no guarantee that I will even get a letter on the 15th.

Good luck everyone I was in your shoes a month ago. My application online updated that day. I checked around 11am or so but it said online that I was accepted Oct 16th. Good luck and if any of you know you are definetly going to TCOM shoot me a PM becuase I will be your class mate. Once again good luck and don't stress out too much.:)

I'm assuming you are in-state? I interviwed end of July also, but my status has changed. Man, don't know which is good or bad or if either is any indication of anything. I hate this process so bad. I was fine the two weeks prior to this 15th nonsense, but since last week, this is all I can think about. Never mind that fact that there is no guarantee that I will even get a letter on the 15th.

Yeah, I am.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that those of you with status changes have a definite decision coming tomorrow, while I'll have to wait.

hi guys. just wanted to let you in-staters know that you can go ahead and check tcom's status page to see if you've been admitted, 'cause mine says i was. :)

Whoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm In!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Omg Omg Omg Omg Omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!

I'm in as well. :clap:

I'm happy...and so are my parents...:laugh:

:thumbup: congrads everyone, I guess I'll be seeing you next year

By the way Atul Guwande is awsome you should also check out Dr. John Abramson (Overdo$ed America) and Dr. Robert N. Proctor (Cancer Wars).

I'm in also!!! Congradulations to everyone else that received the great news!! The wait is finally over!

I'm in at TCOM!! This is so awesome!

In at TCOM - Whoop!

I'm in at TCOM too!!! Good luck guys and maybe I'll see some of you next year

How long do you think it takes TCOM to review the app to be complete? I just interviewed there last week...arghh SDN is making me nervous! :oops:

On the other hand, CONGRATS to those who got into TCOM (quite sly of them to post that BEFORE the official pre-match date =))

How long do you think it takes TCOM to review the app to be complete? I just interviewed there last week...arghh SDN is making me nervous! :oops:

On the other hand, CONGRATS to those who got into TCOM (quite sly of them to post that BEFORE the official pre-match date =))
At the interview, Mr. Kennedy said that it takes 2 weeks for them to come to a decision on an app.

:clap: :D :clap: :p :clap:

I've been in such a happy mood since I found out that I've been kind of floating all day....I feel like such a nice person right now.

Congrats to the rest of you as well, and maybe we will see each other next year (I certainly loved this school and wouldn't mind ending up here)

Congratulations to all of you!! TCOM is a great school and I just love it here. I think you'll find Fort Worth is great and the education you will recieve is terriffic.
TCOM200901

Anyone recieve their TCOM acceptance letters in the mail yet? Still waiting on mine here.

there is a preview day for accepted students on Dec 9th just incase anyone didn't get the email yet.

so i got my acceptance letter today...does anyone know if there is going to be a deposit?

There is no deposit I called and checked in october