TCOM's new curriculum and research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wishbone

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I noticed TCOM uses small groups. I am wondering what is nature of these groups and in general how the new curriculum going. I have heard there is push to get courses and lecture notes on the web? How true is this?

Also, how easy it for students to get involved with doing research? Even if they do not wish to obtain a Phd? Are there summer positions open?

thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

I dont know too much about the curriculum, but I do know about the research opportunities. It is not that difficult to get a research position, however, you need to know the person for whom you would be working...AND be on their good side. The labs can be/are pretty crowded with grad students and DO/PhDers. the GSBMS sponsors 2 summer programs for disadvantaged high school and college age students (SMART/START), so you also need to start arranging things early.

So, yes there is opportunity to do summer research. I'll be going there this summer for my 2nd year of it. Good luck!

Star