teacher-student ratio in philippine medical schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zuddha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,
what's the teacher-to-student ratio like in the philippine medical schools? do the private colleges like fatima and uermmmc have sufficient infrastructure and teachers to cater to their students? and although i did bring this up in a previous thread, i'd like to ask once again. does anyone know anything about the 5 1/2 yr Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) course that uerm will be conducting from this year onwards for foreign students, esp. those from the indian sub-continent? would it be wise to study there rather than one's own country? do the colleges segragate the locals from the non-filipinos and conduct separate classes?

Members don't see this ad.

hi all,
what's the teacher-to-student ratio like in the philippine medical schools? do the private colleges like fatima and uermmmc have sufficient infrastructure and teachers to cater to their students? and although i did bring this up in a previous thread, i'd like to ask once again. does anyone know anything about the 5 1/2 yr Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) course that uerm will be conducting from this year onwards for foreign students, esp. those from the indian sub-continent? would it be wise to study there rather than one's own country? do the colleges segragate the locals from the non-filipinos and conduct separate classes?
Actually, there are very few (local Filipinos) medical school applicants nowadays, so many schools there like UERM, Fatima, UNP, CSU made agreements with HCMI (an Indian company) to establish an MBBS program that will satisfy the Medical Council of India. Most likely, some classes will be integrated with the locals but some might be separate due to the unique nature of MBBS.
As far as teacher-to-student ratio, I'm sure it will be adequate as there is a glut of teachers compared to students.