Teaching for test prep companies (Kaplan, Princeton Review, etc)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VortexGreen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience teaching for Kaplan, Princeton Review, or another test prep company? I'm considering applying to teach for one of them as either/combination of DAT, MCAT, or ACT teacher, but would like info on the work environment, hours and pay, interview process, and reliability of the employer. I know this info varies from center to center. I live in the St. Paul/Minneapolis Metro area. Any advice is appreciated. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have personal experience teaching, but I have a friend who worked for Kaplan and she really enjoyed it. Their interview process is online (which is kind of odd), but she said it wasn't too bad. I believe she got paid around $12-13/hr and her schedule was relatively flexible. It's a great job to have before applying to dental/medical school though... most adcoms look pretty highly upon it as an EC/work experience.

Has anyone had experience teaching for Kaplan, Princeton Review, or another test prep company? I'm considering applying to teach for one of them as either/combination of DAT, MCAT, or ACT teacher, but would like info on the work environment, hours and pay, interview process, and reliability of the employer. I know this info varies from center to center. I live in the St. Paul/Minneapolis Metro area. Any advice is appreciated. :)

I am looking into the same thing. I was told that the pay starts at $20.00/hour and you get a $3.00 raise every year. In addition, every 90 days, you get rated by your students, and if you score above 85% satisfaction, you get a $10.00/hour raise for the next 90 days. It sounds like a great deal. I interview on Wednesday!!

Hope that helps...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I work for Kaplan and started recently about 4-5 months ago. Its a very long interview/training process but you get paid for training at $8/hr so its not bad. The pay starts at $21-$23 an hour depending on what you do. The bonuses as list above are also correct. Its a nice job and pretty flexible just depends on what time/when you pick the classes you want to tutor or teach. Good luck! :)

Hi! I work for Kaplan and started recently about 4-5 months ago. Its a very long interview/training process but you get paid for training at $8/hr so its not bad. The pay starts at $21-$23 an hour depending on what you do. The bonuses as list above are also correct. Its a nice job and pretty flexible just depends on what time/when you pick the classes you want to tutor or teach. Good luck! :)

What do you have to do for the interview process? How long does it take? Are those starting rates and raises standard nationwide or do they vary from city to city? What Kaplan center will you be at drhygiene?

Thanks for the info you guys!

Just applied for a job. Yet another interview invite I'm waiting for.:xf:

What do you have to do for the interview process? How long does it take? Are those starting rates and raises standard nationwide or do they vary from city to city? What Kaplan center will you be at drhygiene?

Thanks for the info you guys!

You do a teaching audition (given a choice of 3 questions to pick from. you have days to prepare your 7 minute presentation), then if you pass that, you do an interview with a regional manager. Rates are pretty standard, since it's a national company.

For the online audition, does the audience participate or do you just explain how to arrive at the answer?

I'm auditioning next week :)

For the online audition, does the audience participate or do you just explain how to arrive at the answer?

I'm auditioning next week :)

The other presenters can participate by typing their answers to your questions.

So far it sounds like a good part time gig for now.

For anyone who has in the past or is currently teaching: how much prep time have you had to put into your lessons to be well prepared? I've heard you are paid for prep time, but not much. What is the pay for prep time? What are the stipulations (max time allowed to be claimed as 'preparation' and are you paid for prep after your first round of classes or does the amount of time allowed for prep decrease)?

So far it sounds like a good part time gig for now.

For anyone who has in the past or is currently teaching: how much prep time have you had to put into your lessons to be well prepared? I've heard you are paid for prep time, but not much. What is the pay for prep time? What are the stipulations (max time allowed to be claimed as 'preparation' and are you paid for prep after your first round of classes or does the amount of time allowed for prep decrease)?

ye those gigs sound awesome and pay a very good amount.

You're going to get very bad karma by teaching for Kaplan. You know that their course is garbage and a complete ripoff to the students who unknowingly spend $1200 of hard earned money for this course. Yet you're happy to collect the $20/hr being part of this outrageous Kaplan scam??? Plus, the classes are only 3 hours long that meet once a week -- wow $60/week, BIG money!

Talk about not having a guilty conscience. No morals. You can kiss dental school good bye. Don't cry when karma bites you in the asss lol!

You're going to get very bad karma by teaching for Kaplan. You know that their course is garbage and a complete ripoff to the students who unknowingly spend $1200 of hard earned money for this course. Yet you're happy to collect the $20/hr being part of this outrageous Kaplan scam??? Plus, the classes are only 3 hours long that meet once a week -- wow $60/week, BIG money!

Talk about not having a guilty conscience. No morals. You can kiss dental school good bye. Don't cry when karma bites you in the asss lol!

Lol, it sounds like someone got cut from the application process. I was the biggest advocate against Kaplan, since the DAT instructors I met weren't even pre-dental. So I put my money where my mouth was and became an instructor for them. My students have scored very well on the DAT, so I guess it depends on the instructor you get.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol, it sounds like someone got cut from the application process. I was the biggest advocate against Kaplan, since the DAT instructors I met weren't even pre-dental. So I put my money where my mouth was and became an instructor for them. My students have scored very well on the DAT, so I guess it depends on the instructor you get.

I disagree. Kaplan instructors have to follow protocol which is merely reading the outline in the book since class time is limited. Thus, it makes no difference on the instructor since each one of them is essentially regurgitating the same b.s. My opinion is valid as I have taken the course, repeated it for free and attended other makeup classes with other instructors. In total, I have been exposed to 5 different instructors and it was the same crap each time, mainly due to the Kaplan material that sucked big time.

How is putting money where your mouth is = becoming an instructor? You didn't dish out any money. Huh, can you explain?

Your claim of your students scoring well is a crock of horse ****. The only way you would know how they score on the DAT is if they contacted you after the exam and revealed their scores. I highly doubt your 16-17 DAT scorers contacted you saying, "Thanks bro, I scored 16, you the man!" The few students who scored well probably used Destroyer and other materials which got them the score. So stop patting yourself on the back like you did a better job of reading the outline in the Kaplan Class Notebook than the other schmo instructors.

How is putting money where your mouth is = becoming an instructor? You didn't dish out any money. Huh, can you explain?

Your claim of your students scoring well is a crock of horse ****. The only way you would know how they score on the DAT is if they contacted you after the exam and revealed their scores. I highly doubt your 16-17 DAT scorers contacted you saying, "Thanks bro, I scored 16, you the man!" The few students who scored well probably used Destroyer and other materials which got them the score. So stop patting yourself on the back like you did a better job of reading the outline in the Kaplan Class Notebook than the other schmo instructors.

ImDiene, LetsGo2DSchool- obviously the same account holder. One's on probationary status, so he creates another very new account to back up his views, since he's obviously butt-hurt. But whatever, I'm not here to debate that.

I teach for Kaplan, too, and was contacted by 9/13 of my students and those 9 scored 19AA-26AA. The other 4, I have no idea. I'm sorry the two of you had to repeat the course 5 times. Perhaps it's not the material you should be changing up; it's your method of studying. I'll admit it, Kaplan doesn't always hire the best instructors. In fact, I have a personal problem with several of our instructors in my region. But to generalize Kaplan, as a whole, to be worthless is absolutely ignorant. Myself and two other instructors in the area received raises based on our excellent student feedback, so we're obviously doing something right.

I'm willing to bet all the studying you did for the DAT was the Kaplan class, which we tell you is absolutely insufficient. Consider your own intellectual level before pointing fingers...

ImDiene, LetsGo2DSchool- obviously the same account holder. One's on probationary status, so he creates another very new account to back up his views, since he's obviously butt-hurt. But whatever, I'm not here to debate that.

I teach for Kaplan, too, and was contacted by 9/13 of my students and those 9 scored 19AA-26AA. The other 4, I have no idea. I'm sorry the two of you had to repeat the course 5 times. Perhaps it's not the material you should be changing up; it's your method of studying. I'll admit it, Kaplan doesn't always hire the best instructors. In fact, I have a personal problem with several of our instructors in my region. But to generalize Kaplan, as a whole, to be worthless is absolutely ignorant. Myself and two other instructors in the area received raises based on our excellent student feedback, so we're obviously doing something right.

I'm willing to bet all the studying you did for the DAT was the Kaplan class, which we tell you is absolutely insufficient. Consider your own intellectual level before pointing fingers...

FYI, I only have one account and I scored 97 percentile on the DAT. You should know who you're dealing with before YOU start pointing fingers. Kaplan is crap to the nth degree. If you spent any time on the DAT Discussion subforum and read the feedback, then you would indeed see the consensus. I'm sorry if you took my truthful opinion about Kaplan so personally to take an unwarranted and ignorant attack at my intellect which is probably higher than yours. You should have realized that my statement regarding Kaplan was based on my experiences with 5 instructors. I can't sample all 50 or 100 DAT instructors that are employed by Kaplan. But if all 5 out of 5 (or 100%) basically just followed a script, there is some credibility to my words.

And no, 95% of my studying was done with Destroyer, Math Destroyer, Cliffs AP Bio, Chad's Videos, datQVault, Crack PAT, Crack Reading, TopScore and they were the only reasons why I scored 97 percentile which is probably a higher score than yours, not to mention the total cost was $500 vs. $1200 for Kaplan.

And 19 score is nothing to brag about in your students. $1200 for 19 score when you can spend 60% less and score 22.

BTW, you should improve your reading comprehension. I never said I took it 5 times. I said I was exposed to 5 different instructors. You should know there are make-up classes in other sections, instructors getting sick with a different one filling in, etc. Geees lol.

Last edited:
FYI, I only have one account and I scored 97 percentile on the DAT. You should know who you're dealing with before YOU start pointing fingers. Kaplan is crap to the nth degree. If you spent any time on the DAT Discussion subforum and read the feedback, then you would indeed see the consensus. I'm sorry if you took my truthful opinion about Kaplan so personally to take an unwarranted and ignorant attack at my intellect which is probably far superior to yours. You should have realized that my statement regarding Kaplan was based on my experiences with 5 instructors. I can't sample all 50 or 100 DAT instructors that are employed by Kaplan. But if all 5 out of 5 (or 100%) basically just followed a script, there is some credibility to my words.

And no, 95% of my studying was done with Destroyer, Math Destroyer, Cliffs AP Bio, Chad's Videos, datQVault, Crack PAT, Crack Reading, TopScore and they were the only reasons why I scored 97 percentile which is probably a higher score than yours, not to mention the total cost was $500 vs. $1200 for Kaplan.

And 19 score is nothing to brag about in your students. $1200 for 19 score when you can spend 60% less and score 22.

BTW, you should improve your reading comprehension. I never said I took it 5 times. I said I was exposed to 5 different instructors. You should know there are make-up classes, instructors getting sick with a different one filling in, etc. Geees lol.

:laugh: :thumbup:

I have to agree. I actually liked the book, thought it was a good introduction. The online materials were good overall, too. Charging over $1,000 for that is pure garbage though, as destroyer and other materials (such as Chad's videos) are superior.

The classes were scripted, and followed the outline of the lesson book. Therefore, I can't imagine how even a tremendous instructor would make much difference, unless they were staying late and offering supplemental materials that aren't in the book.

You are missing the point. The knock on Kaplan is not on the instructors but on the course material. The instructors have to follow the material which is terrible. That was the point that people were making in this thread. Instead you took it a little too personally as if they were knocking on you, the instructor.

I decided not to teach for Kaplan because the interview and training process seemed very involved and I'm not comfortable spreading the word about a product I'm not passionate about. It probably could not hurt your resume, though.

I decided not to teach for Kaplan because the interview and training process seemed very involved and I'm not comfortable spreading the word about a product I'm not passionate about. It probably could not hurt your resume, though.

Dantemac is a man of integrity.

If you want to quantify what a Kaplan course should cost, the fair value should be about $167. Let's break it down:

CDP is the best resource for PAT. Kaplan is not even close. I mean a pre-schooler could get all the angles correct on Kaplan. CDP costs $100. Thus Kaplan's inferior PAT prep should be valued at $10.

Chad's Videos are the best resource for GC and OC. It costs $40. Kaplan is not even in the same stratosphere. Thus Kaplan's joke GC/OC prep should be valued at $10.

Cliffs AP Bio, Barron's AP Bio is much more comprehensive than Kaplan. Cliffs + Barron's cost $20 on Amazon. Thus Kaplan's Bio prep should be valued at $7.

Math Destroyer is all you need for QR while Kaplan only covers a small fraction of its counterpart. It costs $50 when purchasing in the package with Destroyer (more on this later). Thus Kaplan's QR prep should be valued at $10.

Crack Reading does a much better job mimicking RC than Kaplan. CDR costs $100. Thus Kaplan's RC prep should be valued at $30.

TopScore and 2009 ADEA practice exams are the best indicators for the actual DAT. Total cost is $92. Kaplan's practice exams that come with the course are a little above average. Thus Kaplan's practice exams should be valued at $50.

DAT Destroyer costs $150 and is the best supplement to Chad's and Cliffs/Barron's for GC, OC, Bio prep. We'll be nice and throw in an extra $50 for Kaplan since they offer some online workshops and quizzes as part of their course package.

I can't see why anyone would spend more than $200 for this crummy course.

You are missing the point. The knock on Kaplan is not on the instructors but on the course material. The instructors have to follow the material which is terrible. That was the point that people were making in this thread. Instead you took it a little too personally as if they were knocking on you, the instructor.

No, I think you're missing the point. The post I was responding to was saying that people who teach for Kaplan are basically evil and karma will bite them in the ass. Just because it doesn't work for one person, doesn't mean it won't work for the rest of the world. I'm sorry that it took some people 5 times to comprehend Kaplan's material..that's their own fault. At some point, people need to start owning up to their own stupidity and stop blaming Kaplan's material. I did great on the DAT with Kaplan's stuff and so have the majority of my students.

If you want to quantify what a Kaplan course should cost, the fair value should be about $167. Let's break it down:

CDP is the best resource for PAT. Kaplan is not even close. I mean a pre-schooler could get all the angles correct on Kaplan. CDP costs $100. Thus Kaplan's inferior PAT prep should be valued at $10.

Chad's Videos are the best resource for GC and OC. It costs $40. Kaplan is not even in the same stratosphere. Thus Kaplan's joke GC/OC prep should be valued at $10.

Cliffs AP Bio, Barron's AP Bio is much more comprehensive than Kaplan. Cliffs + Barron's cost $20 on Amazon. Thus Kaplan's Bio prep should be valued at $7.

Math Destroyer is all you need for QR while Kaplan only covers a small fraction of its counterpart. It costs $50 when purchasing in the package with Destroyer (more on this later). Thus Kaplan's QR prep should be valued at $10.

Crack Reading does a much better job mimicking RC than Kaplan. CDR costs $100. Thus Kaplan's RC prep should be valued at $30.

TopScore and 2009 ADEA practice exams are the best indicators for the actual DAT. Total cost is $92. Kaplan's practice exams that come with the course are a little above average. Thus Kaplan's practice exams should be valued at $50.

DAT Destroyer costs $150 and is the best supplement to Chad's and Cliffs/Barron's for GC, OC, Bio prep. We'll be nice and throw in an extra $50 for Kaplan since they offer some online workshops and quizzes as part of their course package.

I can't see why anyone would spend more than $200 for this crummy course.

It's a business. Get over it. If you can't afford it, then don't take the course. You're obviously not taking into account the cost of booking rooms, instructors, managers, etc. C'mon, use your common sense. I really hope you don't think the cost of dental school isn't just equivalent to the cost of textbooks...

It's a business. Get over it. If you can't afford it, then don't take the course. You're obviously not taking into account the cost of booking rooms, instructors, managers, etc. C'mon, use your common sense. I really hope you don't think the cost of dental school isn't just equivalent to the cost of textbooks...

I didn't realize you slept in the same bed with Kaplan. If you two weren't nocturnal lovers, then maybe you could realize that the value of the course has nothing to do with booking rooms and ordering donuts from the cafeteria. It's about the product and the quality of it. That's how things are judged. And since it can't deliver in comparison to its competitors which costs a huge fraction less, the consensus is it's a complete ripoff by taking advantage of the uninformed with their marketing ploys.

Btw, I can afford the course, but just don't appreciate getting ripped off by a multi-million dollar company with mega resources that hasn't updated their product in 15+ years to reflect the current DAT because they don't give a damn and only care about profits. I mean c'mon how is showing angles that are 20 degrees apart going to prepare anyone for the angle section on the actual DAT? This isn't Angles for Jerry's Kids. How difficult is to show angles that are 3 degrees apart like CDP does? Just give me a protractor and I'll do it for you. The fact that they haven't done squat over the past decade about it despite the negative feedback just goes to support my claim.

How is that books (Cliffs AP Bio, Barron's AP Bio, Schaum's AP Bio) written to prepare for a high school exam that costs $10 each do a better job than Kaplan which is suppose to prepare one for a professional dental school exam? How is that one dude (aka Chad) can create a comprehensive set of videos in GC and OC for $40 hitting all the topics precisely and concisely do a better job than Kaplan with the thousands of instructors and developers over the years? I can go on and on....

Oh I forgot... this is so laughable, the biggest marketing scam:

The Kaplan Highest Score Guarantee -- states that if you score lower on the actual DAT than you did on their diagnostic exam, then you get your 100% money back refund.

How can anyone in this world after months of studying score lower on the actual DAT than they did on Day 1 of a Kaplan course on the diagnostic exam with zero prep work? How is that humanly possible? Not to mention the diagnostic exam was intentionally created to be much more difficult than the actual DAT, thereby ensuring no one will get their refund.

Amalgamgrillz, you lost pal. LG2DS made valid points that you can't refute. Your comebacks are very weak. You can't win and should just quit and wave the white flag. What was your DAT scores? I have a hunch that LG2DS scored higher than you.

Amalgamgrillz, you lost pal. LG2DS made valid points that you can't refute. Your comebacks are very weak. You can't win and should just quit and wave the white flag. What was your DAT scores? I have a hunch that LG2DS scored higher than you.

Lol, please continue pretending to be separate accounts. You guys aren't fooling anyone.

Just because I didn't have to repeat my Kaplan course and did just fine, doesn't mean you have to lay on the haterade. You (JoeMama, LG2DS, whatever other accounts you want to make up) are just bitter that you didn't succeed on your first try with Kaplan. Kaplan resources might not be enough for you, but they're enough for many other people.

Really? If you honestly think the $1200 is to strictly pay for the books, then you're severely slow. Where do you think they get the money to pay for everything else? Good luck trying to run your practice with business skills like that lol.

How is it possible to score lower on the actual DAT? It happens to people. People get nervous, people aren't prepared enough, people luck out on a diagnostic? I don't know. Why don't you ask yourself why you had to repeat the Kaplan course, then maybe you'll have your answer... Boom. Roasted. I win, and I'm done with this conversation. Not coming back to this thread. Good luck to you, good sir :laugh:.

Lol, please continue pretending to be separate accounts. You guys aren't fooling anyone.

Just because I didn't have to repeat my Kaplan course and did just fine, doesn't mean you have to lay on the haterade. You (JoeMama, LG2DS, whatever other accounts you want to make up) are just bitter that you didn't succeed on your first try with Kaplan. Kaplan resources might not be enough for you, but they're enough for many other people.

Really? If you honestly think the $1200 is to strictly pay for the books, then you're severely slow. Where do you think they get the money to pay for everything else? Good luck trying to run your practice with business skills like that lol.

How is it possible to score lower on the actual DAT? It happens to people. People get nervous, people aren't prepared enough, people luck out on a diagnostic? I don't know. Why don't you ask yourself why you had to repeat the Kaplan course, then maybe you'll have your answer... Boom. Roasted. I win, and I'm done with this conversation. Not coming back to this thread. Good luck to you, good sir :laugh:.

Well, that's a little immature. But I have to agree with Amalgam; you can't blame Kaplan entirely for doing poorly. If you don't understand the concept well enough from Kaplan's stuff, then it's your responsibility to ask for clarification or seek other resources. I understood my concepts well enough from my Kaplan book. Did the DAT cover things not covered in Kaplan? Yes. Did Kaplan teach the other 98% of the test well enough to do ok? Absolutely. I really hope you're not going to blame your professors for not preparing you well enough if you can't pull off high grades on your exams in dental school.

I think LG2DS has a valid point that Kaplan is obviously not worth the $.

I'm not trying to take any side here, but I don't know why you are so pro-Kaplan though. Though I did not take the course, I had access to some the resources because of friends who took it but it didn't help me that much.

Well, that's a little immature. But I have to agree with Amalgam; you can't blame Kaplan entirely for doing poorly. If you don't understand the concept well enough from Kaplan's stuff, then it's your responsibility to ask for clarification or seek other resources. I understood my concepts well enough from my Kaplan book. Did the DAT cover things not covered in Kaplan? Yes. Did Kaplan teach the other 98% of the test well enough to do ok? Absolutely. I really hope you're not going to blame your professors for not preparing you well enough if you can't pull off high grades on your exams in dental school.

Yea, that's true but thats why we invested on Destroyer and AP Cliffs and such to get a better preparation ;)

Why don't you contact the center you are applying to? Personally, I don't feel teaching at Kaplan help you make more money than teaching else where. Just doing private tutoring for high school kids would probably make more money. The only think that teaching at Kaplan can do for you is have it on a resume and review material in case you need to "retake" or review material for dental school. But you could do that by private tutoring other college students and make more money. You could easily charge $40/hr for private tutoring as a start...and move up if you feel your work is of high quality. The work you would have to put in is finding clients. Kaplan gathered all the students so you don't have to, but they're taking a large portion, so that's why I don't think it's worth teaching there.

Last edited:
I think LG2DS has a valid point that Kaplan is obviously not worth the $.

I'm not trying to take any side here, but I don't know why you are so pro-Kaplan though. Though I did not take the course, I had access to some the resources because of friends who took it but it didn't help me that much.

I'm not pro-Kaplan, I'm just not anti-Kaplan (like LetsGo2Dschool), since I teach for them. 7/10 of my first group contacted me and scored 19AA-22AA on their first round. I'd say that's pretty good. Obviously some Kaplan resources aren't the best (ie. PAT), but I'd say bio/chem/reading are probably the most accurate questions out there (more than Destroyer, TopScore, and ExamKrackers; yes, I have used them all).

The main point is: if you don't like Kaplan, oh well, move on. Don't take their courses and don't teach for them. Let others do what they want. No point in condemning them to a life of bad karma just because they did well with Kaplan.

I'm not pro-Kaplan, I'm just not anti-Kaplan (like LetsGo2Dschool), since I teach for them. 7/10 of my first group contacted me and scored 19AA-22AA on their first round. I'd say that's pretty good. Obviously some Kaplan resources aren't the best (ie. PAT), but I'd say bio/chem/reading are probably the most accurate questions out there (more than Destroyer, TopScore, and ExamKrackers; yes, I have used them all).

The main point is: if you don't like Kaplan, oh well, move on. Don't take their courses and don't teach for them. Let others do what they want. No point in condemning them to a life of bad karma just because they did well with Kaplan.

I wasn't referring to you but alright

Why don't you ask yourself why you had to repeat the Kaplan course, then maybe you'll have your answer... Boom. Roasted. I win, and I'm done with this conversation. Not coming back to this thread. Good luck to you, good sir :laugh:.

Go run away. Can't face the music like a real man lol.

FYI, I repeated the course because it was free to do so and because I certainly didn't feel like I got my money's worth the first time and thus, in a desperate attempt to recoup my $1200 loss, I painfully wasted my time with another go around with this lame course. So Boom to you. Roasted. You don't win. And you should be done with this conversation because you can't dispute the fact that $1200 can't accomplish what other materials can do for a fraction of the price.

Who cares?

Whether you like Kaplan or not, arguing with a fool only proves that there are two.

You're both embarrassing yourselves on here. Dentists are supposed to be upstanding people who respect their colleagues and patients and you guys are on here personally attacking each other over whether or not a course, which is no longer relevant to either of you, is valuable. I wish I could print this out and show it to your adcoms and/or future patients to show them what kind of people you really are. I know I wouldn't want someone with this kind of attitude "caring" for me.

Grow up.

Wow, I've been away for a few days and it looks like this thread has gotten out of control:

I never took a Kaplan DAT course, so I wouldn't be able to judge whether it is a ripoff. That is why I am here asking questions. I am trying to get helpful inside information before I make a decision whether or not to teach for a test prep company. I had no intention of sparking some high-tension, mud-slinging argument. I was only earnestly seeking advice about instructing students to prepare for the DAT. I guess I have received honest opinions, though the manner of presentation in some cases isn't as professional as I had hoped.

However, I did take a Kaplan MCAT course and I found it very helpful. I scored in the 92nd percentile for the MCAT after only studying the Kaplan materials and using my instructor for advice/help. I did have multiple instructors (I took the course only once) and I do agreed that some are much better than others. I actually switched sections after my first few days of the course, because I felt I wasn't learning much with my original instructor. The next instructor I had was extremely knowledgeable and helpful and that resulted in a completely different experience for me.

After some work and observing in the dental field, I decided not to apply to medical school and to pursue dental school instead. While studying for the DAT I studied privately because I had already taken a Kaplan MCAT course and had a strong foundation in the sciences and RC, so I decided to just focus on the other sections (PAT, QR) and review other info on my own time. I was also working an irregular, full-time schedule and would have had a hard time fitting a course into my schedule as well. I am still working full-time and am considering teaching as a means of earning some extra cash, not as my sole source of income. I have undergraduate student loans I have to pay and I'd like to save up some cash for Dental school as well.

Finally, I was not referring only to teaching for Kaplan, but any test prep company (check the OP). I was looking for evaluations of the different companies. This thread has become solely about Kaplan... how do people feel about the other test prep companies? What about private tutoring? Thanks to anyone who offers helpful advice. :)