Teaching in Pakistan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentalProbe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Pakistani dentist, currently in US and need some answers.
Are there any dentists from Pakistan on this forum? Please respond.
I want to know if there are any teaching possibilities in the dental schools?
and how much one can expect to make (a range) with a US advanced degree?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

DentalProbe said:
I am a Pakistani dentist, currently in US and need some answers.
Are there any dentists from Pakistan on this forum? Please respond.
I want to know if there are any teaching possibilities in the dental schools?
and how much one can expect to make (a range) with a US advanced degree?

Thank you
Welcome Dental probe.
I am from pakistan too where did u graduated from?
Coming to ur question i dont think there r any teaching possibilites if u r simple BDS but if u have done Masters from here then i am sure u have all the oppurtunities.
I know one of the lady in univ of Iowa who is doing her Masters in perio and she was offered the position in the faculity. One more thing i know about UOI that they asked this lady to work for them for 5 years and they will give her some kind of license to work as general practinor too( u canot practice in iowa until u have DDS or DMD)
And about the earing i am not really sure , i guess it depends on the state ur in, and practice ur working with.In Iowa general practionar usually makes 150-180 thousand $(dds)
Hope it helps

BOND

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the replies. I want to actually return back to Pakistan. I am currently in US. I was asking about earnings in Paistan as faculty.

Glad to see you all :)

DentalProbe
What subj do u have advance degree in ? just curious..

I know about couple of private colleges in ISB which r really glad to give u a postion in faculty if u have done MS from UK or US one of my friend is currently teaching at Margalla college in ISB in oral patho and he did his MS from Uk he is making 2.5 lakh Rs.
there r a lot of private dental colleges in pak now and they r always in need, so i am sure u will find a good job there.

I hope it helps

DentalProbe said:
Thanks for the replies. I want to actually return back to Pakistan. I am currently in US. I was asking about earnings in Paistan as faculty.

Glad to see you all :)

Hi, my name is Khurram. I just graduated from Lahore Medical and Dental College in Lahore , Pakistan. I might be able to help you out.. My father founded and is the chairman of Lahore medical and dental college...And I think their are a few positions available if you can send me your CV i can foward it to him and let you know the situation.. This is a private medical college that he opened 5 years ago. We now have over 800 students combined in BDS and MBBS. So let me know the details and I'll let you know what i can do.. I dont know about what the pay is and all but i"m sure it's higher than a public or govt. position but I can let you know once I know what subject your interested in teaching and all your qualifications. Post a reply back on this thread if your interested and i'll try to help you out.

Hello
I am from karachi Pakistan
there are few dental colleges in karachi also where you can apply
they are offering good pay
these are
1-Baqai dental college
2-jinnah dental College
3-Madinatul hikmat(Humdard dental college)

as far as i know about baqai and jinnah they are offering very very good pay

Best of luck