teaching style of UCSF dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

evilbiologist

Reaction score
Hi, this question is more aimed at students that are attending/have attended UCSF
- What kind of learning style does UCSF follow -- is it more traditional or does it offer alternative teaching approaches?
- are there any courses that really stood out to you during your education?
- I believe that clinical hours start later in the years... do you find that beneficial or would you have wanted the earlier exposure?

It's been difficult for me to get a good gauge of what the curriculum is like through the school website itself... if I could PM anyone for more details I would really appreciate it. Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm both a UCSF alum and taught there.

It's formal classroom w/ some group projects (but pretty old school lecture format). D1/D2 limited to assisting when it comes to patient care. D3/4 are 90% patient care and 10% class. It's no secret that UCSF is not a general dentistry powerhouse (it IS a specialty feeder powerhouse, though), but my opinion is that it can adequately prep you for private practice.

Reactions: 1 user