rolliespring

Gin no Samurai
5+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2012
Edo
Status
Medical Student
So several schools asked on their 2ndaries to write about a team experience. I have a few ideas but Idk which one is better:

1) Learning how to play a very complex board game with friends (none of us played it before)
2) Experience as president of a sports team (working with other officers and teammates)
3) Experience as a researcher in lab (common goals as a team)
4) Experience in a class project (not a very unique experience I guess, but can include if have to)
5) Playing bubble soccer (I have friends that are not very active and I worked really hard to get them playing)

#1 and #5 are fun experiences but I'm not sure if they're appropriate for med school essays. Any advice is appreciated!

walloobi

2+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2014
The capital of Maine, which is Montpelier Vermont
Status
Medical Student
So several schools asked on their 2ndaries to write about a team experience. I have a few ideas but Idk which one is better:

1) Learning how to play a very complex board game with friends (none of us played it before)
2) Experience as president of a sports team (working with other officers and teammates)
4) Experience in a class project (not a very unique experience I guess, but can include if have to)
5) Playing bubble soccer (I have friends that are not very active and I worked really hard to get them playing)

#1 and #5 are fun experiences but I'm not sure if they're appropriate for med school essays. Any advice is appreciated!
I'd rule out #1 right off the bat, unless you want to elaborate on the description you gave above. #3 sounds kind of boring and standard, as does #4. #5 could be unique and interesting if you can genuinely reflect on how you made a positive impact on inactive friends, and how that relates to teamwork. If you don't think you can do that effectively, I'd recommend going with #2.

Reactions: rolliespring

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal

#2 or #3.

Matthew9Thirtyfive

*breathes in* boi
2+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2016
Status
Medical Student
I think 2 or 3, but I saw some bubble soccer going on last week on my way home from dinner. I had no idea what I was looking at, but everyone seemed to be having fun.

OP
rolliespring

rolliespring

Gin no Samurai
5+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2012
Edo
Status
Medical Student
Thanks for the replies! I guess #2 is the consensus but it's also listed as one of my significant activities on my primary. I could talk more about the details that are not on my primary but wouldn't it be a little repetitive?

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
Thanks for the replies! I guess #2 is the consensus but it's also listed as one of my significant activities on my primary. I could talk more about the details that are not on my primary but wouldn't it be a little repetitive?
Try to use different vocabulary. And maybe a new anecdote.