Team member/fellow student as AMCAS reference for student-run orgs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danielcraig20

Reaction score
1. I was on a team for a competition under a science org, and a team member and I went further with pursuing what we made with other organizations.

Can I put him as my reference since he was involved from start to end with this?

This is something that immediately comes up on articles from the org and from my university if my name is googled; it's not difficult to verify. I just don't have the info for the org leaders as they've graduated years ago, and I never met the new ones (it's all student-run).

2. Similar situation for a community service org. I did majority of one particular volunteer site with a fellow org member and the group is very disorganized with information/hours.

This wasn't that many hours either, but can I put him as a reference? Or should I just do my best to find someone who was on the e-board back when I was a member?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

1. I was on a team for a competition under a science org, and a team member and I went further with pursuing what we made with other organizations.

Can I put him as my reference since he was involved from start to end with this?

This is something that immediately comes up on articles from the org and from my university if my name is googled; it's not difficult to verify. I just don't have the info for the org leaders as they've graduated years ago, and I never met the new ones (it's all student-run).

2. Similar situation for a community service org. I did majority of one particular volunteer site with a fellow org member and the group is very disorganized with information/hours.

This wasn't that many hours either, but can I put him as a reference? Or should I just do my best to find someone who was on the e-board back when I was a member?

Thanks.
Your described approach is fine. For the title of the person, maybe use Teammate and Co-Volunteer.

Reactions: 1 user