TEAM vs ATLS For A Medical Student 0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ghareeb

DragonsDontEatBananas
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm a fourth year medical student at Kasr Al Ainy - Cairo University, and I'm very interested in Trauma care.
I'm doing a summer training in our Trauma department in August and a Traumatology elective in Graz-Austria in September. So I was thinking about attending one of the ACS's Trauma courses. Both the ATLS and the TEAM courses are provided in Cairo on a monthly basis and I was wondering which one should I go for.

Our medical school is a six years program, I have yet to take the Surgery, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and Ob/Gyn clerkships.
I have attended previous training programs and I'm familiar with the bigger picture of how a trauma unit is run, but I have had no academic training in any of the algorithms used. I will be attending the AHA Basic Life Support course this month in addition.
I would really appreciate your opinion on this. Which is more suitable for me right now?
I've also heard about the PHTLS, is this something I should be interested in?

Thank you very much in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

ATLS > TEAM but it is also "harder" and more time consuming. ATLS would be more beneficial if you have the time to dedicate to it.