Technical difficulty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GrumpyMS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, imagine waking up the morning that you are supposed to take the MCAT. You go to the center sign and wait, and wait, and wait. Because you and the ten other people in the waiting area with their nerves stretched taut from the stress and didn't realized that its 9:00. It is when the people at Prometric said that the room we all were assigned to are experiencing technical difficulties. Which ended with all of us to be rescheduled in the next two days. Because that is what happened to me today.

Anything like this happened before?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think it happened to some May 22nd testers and they got retakes on June 2nd.

I honestly haven't heard of this from any person I know who has taken the new MCAT.

Happened to me. Middle of mcat (bio section) and the network died. Waited for 3 hours for them to fix it and then they decided to send us home. Had to reschedule for 3 weeks later.

Feel like it was worse with May 22 test takers, they had to experience technical difficulties while taking the test and had the option to take a new test first week of June or keep their score.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some people during my January 2015 MCAT had a "delay" when going to the next passage or when answering a choice. It happened to me and I voided it amongst other reasons as well. Apparently, I wasn't the only one. Someone in the elevator after the test also claimed they had a 2-3 minute lag delay overall in the verbal section.

Oh I've heard worse. A friend of mine was studying for the old MCAT and had the test scheduled in January, last month before the change. She went, waited 1-2 hours then they told her all spots are filled and she can't take it. She literally cried in the middle of the place, and was forced to reschedule and take the new one.

Reactions: 1 user