technologist wants to go to medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jim Henderson

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have already been in the medical field for 4 years now...
I went to xray school right out of high school and then I went
on to school and specialize in ultrasound. I have come to
realize that I want more, and real love to become a pediatrician
but I am not sure where to get started? Can anybody give me an
idea how to get started, what I need and where to get it??
Thank you
Bre'
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

First, read the premed section of Medicalstudent.net and alsow
browse the medical school section. This will give you an idea of
what you are going into.
You've got to start from the beginning, taking the basic
prerequisite math and science courses. Get hooked up with a
premed advisor at your college and never be afraid to post
questions on this board!

Good luck!

Jim Henderson, MD of medicalstudent.net

I have already been in the medical field for 4 years now...
I went to xray school right out of high school and then I went
on to school and specialize in ultrasound. I have come to
realize that I want more, and real love to become a pediatrician
but I am not sure where to get started? Can anybody give me an
idea how to get started, what I need and where to get it??
Thank you
Bre'
[email protected]
Apply to med school I suppose

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to med school I suppose

You just replied to literally one of the oldest threads on this site. The poster's signature indicates that they already have their MD...

Edit: Also, why do the first two posters appear to be the same person...?

Reactions: 2 users
You just replied to literally one of the oldest threads on this site. The poster's signature indicates that they already have their MD...
Well I thought he deserved an answer after 16 years of waiting...

What's even going on here? Why does the signature of the OP indicate that he is the same person who responded? I guess they were still getting the internet worked out in '99.

That's why I was confused and didn't think he had an md.

Well Mr. Henderson, hopefully you found your way into the medical field :)

What's even going on here? Why does the signature of the OP indicate that he is the same person who responded? I guess they were still getting the internet worked out in '99.
So I know the answer to this because I once read the oldest threads on the site for fun while procrastinating writing my AMCAS.
Basically Jim Henderson supposedly moved posts from a different site onto what is now SDN, so he copied and pasted those older posts onto the new site. Then he used his regular account to reply to the post that he manually moved over. Must've been hard work because he moved like pages of threads it seems..

Reactions: 1 users
So I know the answer to this because I once read the oldest threads on the site for fun while procrastinating writing my AMCAS.
Basically Jim Henderson supposedly moved posts from a different site onto what is now SDN, so he copied and pasted those older posts onto the new site. Then he used his regular account to reply to the post that he manually moved over. Must've been hard work because he moved like pages of threads it seems..
at last, the case of duplicate Hendersons has been solved

Yes that's what Dr Henderson did; no way to merge posts from medicalstudent.net and The Doctors Lounge electronically in those days.

Yes that's what Dr Henderson did; no way to merge posts from medicalstudent.net and The Doctors Lounge electronically in those days.
Is he still around? I thought @Lee founded the website (guessing from your signature)?

Is he still around? I thought @Lee founded the website (guessing from your signature)?
I believe Dr. Henderson is practicing in Tennessee. You can read about the history of SDN and all the people and products/sites that resulted in what you see today here:http://www.studentdoctor.net/about-us/

Scroll down to the History of SDN.

Reactions: 1 users
First, read the premed section of Medicalstudent.net and alsow
browse the medical school section. This will give you an idea of
what you are going into.
You've got to start from the beginning, taking the basic
prerequisite math and science courses. Get hooked up with a
premed advisor at your college and never be afraid to post
questions on this board!

Good luck!

Jim Henderson, MD of medicalstudent.net
Trust us, not your pre-med advisor.

Oh my god :laugh: He seems to be pretty successful at least!
He was one of the founders of the site (see above); already a resident by 1999