Technology in practice !

Discussion in 'Optometry' started by UWSO2003, Jan 13, 2002.

1. UWSO2003

UWSO2003 Member

Hi all,

Does anyone have any insights as to any new technologies or computer applications that can be used in an optometric office?

I'm thinking of things like PDA's, office networks, paperless office programs etc ....

Anyone know of any high-tech OD products?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TomOD

TomOD Senior Member

Hey Freddie,

There are alot of cool instruments in eyecare but you probably are familiar with them. (Gdx, Orbscan, digital photography etc.)

As far as practice management software....I am currently looking into a web-base software program for OD's. All records are keep at a central web-hosting site instead of at my office. This way, I can access my office information 24/7 from anywhere in the world....still checking on prices though!

I am not as much of a techno-junkie as I would like to be.

4. UWSO2003

UWSO2003 Member

Hi Tom,

I'm familiar with some of the hardware available nowadays. What I'd like to know is more software based. Also, I'd like to find out how and if ODs are embracing the whole "paperless office" design.

This is the first I've heard of web based practice management software. Can you provide me with some link to the companies? Also, what does the software emcompass (appointments? inventory? patient files?)?

Thanks Tom!