Telemedicine Jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

auburnHCP

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, newly minted FM doc here. Was wondering if anybody could speak to some of the pros and cons of different telemedicine platforms out there. There seems to have been a proliferation of these jobs and I’m just wondering if anybody has had any good or bad experiences. I am looking to do this part time. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

I would be interested to see some responses, as I’m really desperate to do literally anything else for a while

I did telemedicine for about 18 months. It was not one of those sites where you see colds, flu, etc…like urgent care online. It was a specific type of care (think mental health or reproductive health) and I enjoyed it. I actually essentially had a panel of patients and could make my own schedule. I made a few thousand per month doing it a few hours per week, less or more depending how I opened up my schedule. I quit because I have too much other stuff going on but it served it’s purpose for the 18 months. I would not want to do one of those online urgent care type ones! Plus I heard they don’t pay that well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did telemedicine for about 18 months. It was not one of those sites where you see colds, flu, etc…like urgent care online. It was a specific type of care (think mental health or reproductive health) and I enjoyed it. I actually essentially had a panel of patients and could make my own schedule. I made a few thousand per month doing it a few hours per week, less or more depending how I opened up my schedule. I quit because I have too much other stuff going on but it served it’s purpose for the 18 months. I would not want to do one of those online urgent care type ones! Plus I heard they don’t pay that well.
Which company?

Hello AMEHigh, are you willing to share which company this experience was with?

Bump* I really would like to hear of some reputable telehealth companies where I could work an additional 5-10 hours per week.