Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Tell me about Boston U

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Supafly MD, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Supafly MD

Supafly MD Senior Member

What's the student and academic life like? Can you get through without a car?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats

Well..that's one way to get to be a senior member quicker! hahaha

Do a search on previous posts...explore over the past couple months...all these topics have been visited many many times before..except maybe the albany question.

4. watto

watto Sleek White Pantsuit

Scoobs, why don't you offer to answer all her questions if she'll just carpool with you in Detroit tomorrow? I know you are getting desperate!

5. ajz

ajz Member

You can get through Boston w/o a car. Students are laid back and everyone I have met who went their enjoyed the school (with the exception of the high $$ for tuition and living expenses)

6. lilninja

lilninja Senior Member

I used to live in Boston, and you don't really need a car to get around - the public transportation is pretty convenient. Parking can be a pain too. On the other hand, there were a few times I thought a car would be nice to have - ie: going away for the weekend, dragging arond groceries, etc.

One thing I have heard about B.U. is that there are a significant number of students from the special Seven-Year Med program and the MMEDIC program, which I think lets you in after your sophomore year. My brother went to B.U. grad school and heard from some of his friends who were at the medical school that they just could not stand those students - immature, petty and cutthroat. But he loved the school otherwise. I think B.U. has a good program, and if you can distance yourself away from the obsessed teeny-boppers, you'd love Boston - it is a great city. I hope to live there again sometime.

7. lilninja

lilninja Senior Member

One more thing - Veggiegirl - I am originally from Toronto (it is the greatest city in the world and I miss it tons! Gotta love that Marche Movenpick) Good luck with your apps.