Tell me how bad one fail on comlex-2 CE is?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Magnoliatree

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I passed step 1, comlex 2 PE. But failed the comlex 2 CE. I missed the 400 cut off by 2 points. 398. Of course I was devastated. I retook two weeks later and scored a 500. Please tell me how bad this is as far as residency goes. I am interested in internal medicine. This has really been devastating for me and honestly I think I was having a terrible day when I took the exam initially. I know it's not an excuse, but I proved my ability and passed 2 weeks later. However I still am feeling terrible about the whole thing. Please I would appreciate any realistic insight into the situation. How bad have I ruined myself as an applicant? I toss and turn all night and continue to beat myself up over the whole thing.

Thank you so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Worse than no fails, better than 2 fails.

You passed. Your passing score is still pretty mediocre (but way better than your first one, so good job there). You'll match, assuming you're not aiming for Neurosurg in NYC.

Worse than no fails, better than 2 fails.

You passed. Your passing score is still pretty mediocre (but way better than your first one, so good job there). You'll match, assuming you're not aiming for Neurosurg in NYC.

Hmmm... Can he match Neurosurg in South Dakota?

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,

I passed step 1, comlex 2 PE. But failed the comlex 2 CE. I missed the 400 cut off by 2 points. 398. Of course I was devastated. I retook two weeks later and scored a 500. Please tell me how bad this is as far as residency goes. I am interested in internal medicine. This has really been devastating for me and honestly I think I was having a terrible day when I took the exam initially. I know it's not an excuse, but I proved my ability and passed 2 weeks later. However I still am feeling terrible about the whole thing. Please I would appreciate any realistic insight into the situation. How bad have I ruined myself as an applicant? I toss and turn all night and continue to beat myself up over the whole thing.

Thank you so much.

Impressive bump in two weeks.

Some programs screen out failed steps from the start, but your scores were too low for many of those programs anyway.

You're gonna match, apply broadly.

Impressive bump in two weeks.

Some programs screen out failed steps from the start, but your scores were too low for many of those programs anyway.

You're gonna match, apply broadly.

Ok so phew. I will match. But what should I be looking at? Do I have a chance at MD psych or IM, or should I stick to DO only??

You should match somewhere. I know this sounds cliché but there is literally nothing you can do about your score now. Focus on the challenges ahead of you and make the most out of it. Good luck, mate!