Tell me if you guys think this is petty...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coprolalia

Bored Certified
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so we have a covered parking lot for attending physicians at the hospital. It's gated. I have a pass-key to get in. It's the second floor on the garage, and it you can walk straight into the hospital from it. Nice, right?

Problem is, if you don't get there early (which I normally do except when I'm on call or get to come in late, etc.), the lot fills up and you can't always find a spot. No problem. There is an "overflow" lot about a block away. What sucks is when it's snowing or raining and you have to walk down the street. It's not a "close" walk, but it's not terribly far either.

Here's my beef: The third floor in the same garage that I park in is a pay lot. Sometimes, when I'm called in, I'd rather just be able to park in that pay lot. And, I don't think I should have to pay. Usually, when I am called in and don't come in early, it's for a relatively urgent case. By the time I've driven around the normal attending lot, haven't found a space, and drive down the block to the other lot (not to mention having to find a spot there and then walk down the street to the hospital), some significant time has gone by.

Back in August when this first happened to me, I asked about getting this pay lot "validated". They said no-way-Jose. It's really starting to grate on me now. I mean, sometimes I feel like I should be able to double-park in a red zone in front of a fire hydrant and block an ambulance in the process. The "on call" spots are for the ER docs and, I was told, expect a ticket and/or getting towed if you park there.

It seems that everyone else in my partner group this either doesn't bother or they don't mention it (or it doesn't affect them... ?).

I know I'm the junior dude. Should I just suck it up? Or, should I press the issue again at this point? It's really starting to piss me off.

-copro

Members don't see this ad.

That would piss me off too, especially if other needed doctors had reserved spots. If your group has a good relationship with the hospital, I would push for a reserved spot for the "anesthesiologist on call." I would imagine the guys in your group would be in favor of this too.

Yeah, I don't know why we don't already have this?!? I guess it's because most of the time when we're on-call and have to come in there are plenty of spots in the covered, gated lot.

Glad to know that at least one person doesn't think I'm being petty.

-copro

I don't think its petty at all. I'm sure you could squeeze a couple of reserved parking spots for "anesthesia on-call" just tell the powers that be it's a patient safety issue.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am glad I have this ***** on ignore so I don't have to read his endless bitching and whining.

What did I tell you, you little cockmuncher? I told you I wouldn't attack anymore, but I would defend myself.

You're a completely clueless, ****nut who's repeatedly demonstrated that you are a sh**ty anesthesiologist. Everyone go re-read the "Full Stomach in Kids" thread to see how completely f***ing clueless you are.

Now we'll see if I'm really on "ignore", you tool.

:love:

-copro

Yeah, I don't know why we don't already have this?!? I guess it's because most of the time when we're on-call and have to come in there are plenty of spots in the covered, gated lot.

Glad to know that at least one person doesn't think I'm being petty.

-copro

just let admin know that if you can't respond to some emergency....and some bad outcome were to occur....your malpractice carrier will be notifying THEIR BIGGER higher payout carrier that due to administrative policies....your best response is limited due to parking arrangements.

just let admin know that if you can't respond to some emergency....and some bad outcome were to occur....your malpractice carrier will be notifying THEIR BIGGER higher payout carrier that due to administrative policies....your best response is limited due to parking arrangements.

Good advice. But, I'm low man on the totem pole. I might suggest this to one of the younger partners.

:thumbup:

-copro

This seems weird to me. At my hospital you have to have a pass-key to park anywhere other than the visitors lot and visitors don't even have to pay.

It's probably one of those things that other people are too lazy to address. I agree with Dream, that's probably your best approach. If that doesn't work then I guess you'll have to park in the paid lot :/

What did I tell you, you little cockmuncher? I told you I wouldn't attack anymore, but I would defend myself.

You're a completely clueless, ****nut who's repeatedly demonstrated that you are a sh**ty anesthesiologist. Everyone go re-read the "Full Stomach in Kids" thread to see how completely f***ing clueless you are.

Now we'll see if I'm really on "ignore", you tool.

:love:

-copro

IMHO, you are wrong - Planktonmd actually provided legae artis plan which not only was always enforced in my program, but is supported by big guns ( see the thread) and should be used as your main answer for the orals.