Temple CCL?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vixen26

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find a 2007 thread on this so I'll start one. Anybody on Temple's Continuing candidate's list (waitlist I guess) know of any recent movement and if so are you in or out of state?

Members don't see this ad.

Nobody???? I thought they waitlisted a lot. Now I feel lonely :(.

still waiting to hear anything. 9 weeks post interview.

sigh

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no idea if they've started taking people off the waitlist yet, but I interviewed just last week, and the Dean told us that since it's so late, we'll probably all be waitlisted. However, since May 15 is just around the corner, there is a good chance that we'll be accepted shortly thereafter. The tour guides said a large portion ("about half") of their class came off the waitlist, so don't freak out yet! :)

sigh

I interviewed at Temple on Mar. 20 and was told my file would go to committee on Mar. 30. I already heard back this weekend that I was added to the continuing candidate list. Have you followed up on your app at all?

I also heard that a large portion of the class comes off the waitlist, but if they have a huge waitlist, there's a lot of us that won't get it. I would assume they assign some sort of ranking. Anybody know for sure? I was surprised at how positive the CCL letter seemed, congratulating us on getting on the list. I hope it's not just giving me false hope.

I interviewed at Temple on Mar. 20 and was told my file would go to committee on Mar. 30. I already heard back this weekend that I was added to the continuing candidate list. Have you followed up on your app at all?

Yea, sent them an e-mail and followed up by phone. They said they "hoped" to review my file at the next meeting, but to give it a couple weeks. Since I didnt get any notice last friday, I can only hope I was presented that day, and will hear this friday. If not I'll drop em another line. No clue why they're stringing me out for 10 weeks when most people seem to be hearing back in about 2. I feel like it can only hurt me as less spots become available. but, not a whole lot I can do, I suppose, but continue to show interest and be patient. I'm getting the same treatment from downstate. apparently i require a lot of deliberation.

good luck to you guys on this ccl list.
how come they call it continueing candidates and not just a waitlist??

good luck nevertheless :)

I interviewed march 6 and was wait listed April 7th.
Any idea how big the waitlist is?

I interviewed Jan 30th and they were already telling us that it would most likely be for a waitlist spot:( :(. I don't think that they ever over fill the class, so they wait for someone to drop before they pull from the waitlist...which I don't think is really ranked. At least it sounds like they have pretty good waitlist movement.

Hey, I'm in the same boat as you guys, on the waitlist. Here's my question...does anyone get rejected post-interview? The reason I ask is because I kept in touch with 5 other people who interviewed on the same day as me and we all got waitlisted. One of them said that you pretty much have to bomb your interview to not get waitlisted. Sounds like the waitlist is gonna be massive...I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Hey all,

I am currently a MS1. I was placed on the Temple CCL last year in late March. I was then accepted on May 17th. I chose not to attend Temple, but I just wanted to give you guys some support. The list at the school DOES move. Unlike other med schools, Temple only takes about 250 for 180 spots. They almost always have a large number turn them down, so they often take many students off the wait list. Good luck to all

bumping my own thread..with shame

anyone know when their last committee meeting is?

Members don't see this ad :)
got put on ccl about 10 weeks post interview. i'm keeping my hopes high and expectations low. as they've been throughout, i guess

Joining you guys on the list 3 weeks post interview.
Gluck to you all

does your status page change if you're waitlisted?

the only status page i can find is the one that says you can schedule an interview

mine still tells me that i should call if i cannot make my february interview

same here...mine never changed. I hoping it will :) soon. May 15th is coming!!!!
Good luck everybody...maybe we'll be classmates.

the only status page i can find is the one that says you can schedule an interview

mine still tells me that i should call if i cannot make my february interview

same here...mine never changed. I hoping it will :) soon. May 15th is coming!!!!
Good luck everybody...maybe we'll be classmates.

sorry computer problems..posted twice..argh

good luck to u guys.
i'm still waiting on the financial aid from temple. sure takes them awhile..................

Did anyone just get an e-mail from Temple asking for updated contact info and saying that they were going to begin reviewing the continuing candidates soon?

just curious, i missed the march priority deadline for financial aid, just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of when you submitted things ...

got the same email. does anyone know how the ccl list worked out last year? is there a rush of movement after may 15th, a slow trickle all summer..?

i think the priority deadline for fin aid is just for institutional aid (grants). so, if you missed it and your parents do pretty well i wouldnt sweat it, and if they dont, well, you're used to being poor by now so you'll take the extra debt at the end in stride, right?

i think the priority deadline for fin aid is just for institutional aid (grants). so, if you missed it and your parents do pretty well i wouldnt sweat it, and if they dont, well, you're used to being poor by now so you'll take the extra debt at the end in stride, right?

thx ... makes me feel so great about being poor:rolleyes:

got the same email. does anyone know how the ccl list worked out last year? is there a rush of movement after may 15th, a slow trickle all summer..?

haha nice mentality

maybe ill go put off my paper for a little longer and will check out last years temple thread....

yay i got in today!!! :hardy: i interviewed on the 4th or 5th-ish of april. :luck: to the rest of you!!

Congrats!!! Were you on the continued candidates list, or did you get directly in?

Congrats!!! Were you on the continued candidates list, or did you get directly in?

I got in directly. I guess I'm posting in the wrong place, but I'd been posting here, so I just kinda went on autopilot, lol. Plus, it lets you all know that there are still spots and lots of hope! :)

Its moving!!!! I just got accepted!!!!!!!

many congratulations. ive got my fingers crossed over here

Congrats Vixen...how did u find out? Email or snail mail?

Congrats Vixen...how did u find out? Email or snail mail?

I got it via e-mail and it said they would be sending out official letters on Wednesday and that on Wednesday morning I would receive info about how to pay the tuition deposit....seemed a little weird....maybe they'll be sending acceptances to a bunch of people on Wednesday :) :) :) . Good Luck everybody :luck:

sigh

Boyf interviewed there JAN 3RD and they hadn't told him anything by the start of May! Yeesh! (And he did follow up... nothing was lost or anything....)

I got it via e-mail and it said they would be sending out official letters on Wednesday and that on Wednesday morning I would receive info about how to pay the tuition deposit....seemed a little weird....maybe they'll be sending acceptances to a bunch of people on Wednesday :) :) :) . Good Luck everybody :luck:

Thanx for the info... I guess those of us who didn't get an email today will have to wait for the second batch of acceptances, if there is one.

Thanx for the info... I guess those of us who didn't get an email today will have to wait for the second batch of acceptances, if there is one.

do a search of past years CCL threads and you'll see that the waitlist moves a lot:)

guys, I just called, and almost without paraphrasing, I was told that basically I should email medadmissions and let them know that I'm still interested, to tell them what I've been doing, anything to pad my application, and how for me, quote, temple is the great thing since sliced bread. it was funny how nice and informal the lady was. I've been deliberating over this and I think I won't do it because I want to go to another school, but if you are on the CCL you should probably do this. good luck.

still no movement????

my friend got in off the waitlist today, so there is movement!

how did your friend get notified?? Email? Phone? Snail?

I'm not sure. I didn't ask, but I think e-mail.

:luck: to everyone still waiting!

hi i just got accepted today through email. good luck to everyone waiting! :luck:

i got in off the ccl today. notified by email. i'm out of state, good stats, didn't send any letters post CCL-ing.

first acceptance for me

i got in off the ccl today. notified by email. i'm out of state, good stats, didn't send any letters post CCL-ing.

first acceptance for me

EXACTLY the same for me!
Woohoo! I can't believe I'm going to be a DOCTOR!!!!
:luck: if you're still waiting! It can happen.

hey congrats guys:) . Make sure you join the Temple blog that was started by the office of admissions. They should send you an e-mail about it, but i think someone posted the link on the Temple 2011 thread in allo. Its got some helpful info about places to live. Hope to see in the fall :) .

does anyone know if the CCL is going to move again???? and if so when???????

so whats up with temple? Is the class full?? Is there going to be anymore movement, or should I just give up hope?