Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

TEMPLE Continuing Candidates List

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by otter, Jan 16, 2002.

1. otter

otter Senior Member

I received a letter saying that I've been placed on this list by Temple. Does anyone know if everyone who interviews and is not accepted right away get put on this list? I want to know if being put on this list means that I made some kind of a post-interview cut. Also, anybody know what portion of applicants on this list usually end up getting in?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DarksideAllstar

DarksideAllstar you can pay me in bud

Resident [Any Field]
    I posted about this a couple of days ago. Do a quick search. Apparently, everyone (in and out-of state) is placed on this list. Then every month they go through and pull people off the list and accept them. In staters are of course given preference and probably notified earlier. Out of staters, such as myself, are pulled off the list later in the spring. I applaud our efforts not to get rejected, post interview that is.

4. otter

otter Senior Member

I did see your post along with others, but I was trying to find out if they send this continuing applicant letter to everyone who's been interviewed that they don't accept right away. Or, do they actually reject certain portion of interviewees?
    Anyways, I am happy that I've made it this far as an out-of-state applicant at Temple. I just wonder how good my chances are now that I did get on this list. Good luck to UCSFreak and all other Temple applicants!

5. Dr. Kermit

Dr. Kermit Senior Member

No, Temple does not place everyone on the CCL after they have interviewed. A few of my friends and I (both in and out of state) were accepted a few weeks following our interviews.

6. otter

otter Senior Member

Dr. Kermit, the fact that an out-of-state applicant could get an immediate acceptance (like you stated) is news to me. I thought all out-of-state residents would at best be put on this CCL list.
    I'm still wondering if they do outright rejections post-interview.