Temple Dental Apartments

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docjohn007

Reaction score
I’ll be attending Temple this upcoming Fall. I am not familiar with the area at all. I plan to move there with my fiancé and will be bringing my car. I found an apartment guide on the Temple website but it almost seems like too many options. Anyone have any guidance they can offer me?

Members don't see this ad.

Try looking at Girard/Spring Garden area if you want to be near the subway to get to school. Another good area is Fishtown/Northern Liberties but it has less public transportation. I'm not a Temple Dental student but used to live in Philly, good luck!

Summit Park or Henry on the Park are popular if you want a more suburban lifestyle. I think Summit has a shuttle bus to campus now? Lived there for a few years.

Previous poster nailed the downtown areas I was thinking of. Mass transit in philly is pretty solid (pre Covid anyway).

Members don't see this ad :)
Summit Park or Henry on the Park are popular if you want a more suburban lifestyle. I think Summit has a shuttle bus to campus now? Lived there for a few years.

Previous poster nailed the downtown areas I was thinking of. Mass transit in philly is pretty solid (pre Covid anyway).

Thanks for the insight. I noticed summit park has shuttle. It only heads out twice a day. Does that work with how the class schedule works?

The shuttle schedule won't align with the current class schedule. There will be plenty of times when you have to stay after school to practice in the preclinic
Is public transportation an option? How is parking at the school for dental students?

The further you're away from Broad Street, the more you'll need a car to commute. If you live within walking distance of Broad Street, you can take the subway to Allegheny which is the subway stop right outside the dental school.

There are 2 available parking areas near the school, one near the school, anther a little further down closer to the hospital. There is also street parking (free) that you can do. A lot of students do it, but a lot of students don't (for obvious reasons). Risk/reward.

Edit: because you have a car, I don't recommend living in the city (cuz you can't use your car lol). Spring Garden, Fairmount, Fishtown, Northern Liberties, Roxborough, Manayunk, East Falls, etc. Maybe South Philly but parking will be tough for you car.

Last edited: