temple interview/decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rahooligan

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at temple in early/mid-February. My status page still says "interview complete" and when I call them (as of today) they say my interviewer has yet to submit his review. What do you all make of this? Has this pretty much killed my chances since every missed day pushes me further and further down any waitlists, etc. Also, it's just ridiculous to think I haven't even been brought to the committee once, two months post-interview. Also, I can't imagine my interviewer much remembers an interview 2 months ago. This is really depressing.

Members don't see this ad.

well i guess it means you didn't impress your interviewer to the point to drive him/her to fill out your review as quickly as humanly possible. Still, perhaps the interviewer is excessively tied up. Why not email him/her a friendly reminder of your continued interest?

yea I honestly don't think it has too much to do with impressing the interviewer. When i called them, the secretary literally chuckled, said "oh you had Dr. ___, yeah he's always really slow with these" I mean i suppose it's possible, what would you recommend saying in am email? It's hard to email them to hurry up...

Members don't see this ad :)
yes I would email them, but by reminder I meant just an email the reminds your interviewer of your continued interest in the school, not a reminder to finish up the review.

I know it sucks to still be waiting for a decision, but don't worry about it pushing you further down a waitlist. You are ranked on the list by your overall score, not by the date of your interview, so your score is unlikely to change simply because it took them a while to finally rank you. Look on the bright side...as it draws closer to May 15, more spots will open, and they just might be more likely to give you an acceptance rather than the ultimate waitlist that all of us that interviewed after Christmas were vying for. Good luck!