• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Mstoothlady2012

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2007
FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Got interview invitation yesterday. I called them today to schedule & the first available date they have is Dec 3rd. I am going out of country on that same day and won't be back until Jan 26th!!!! Temple does not schedule interview dates that far, all they can schedule right now is for december. The guy basically told me if I don't schedule in december, then it will automatically withdraw me :( I called my airline agent to reschedule my departure date but they dont have any seats available until after Christmas.....I don't know what to do!!! I really want to go to that interview but I can't just cancel this trip either. What should I do? What are the chances of getting in Temple with post-Dec1st interview?

Thanks a lot!!!

ZenoVT

Power Ranger
10+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I think there are always some first class seats available =)

About the Ads

DrDDSman

10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I'd definitely go to the interview and push the trip back a few days. Try finding another agent, or personally call the airline. You can also try to cancel the flight(s) and book another airline. It might cost you some extra change, but in the long run it wont matter much, esp if you get the acceptance. Goodluck

Mstoothlady2012

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2007
FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I'd definitely go to the interview and push the trip back a few days. Try finding another agent, or personally call the airline. You can also try to cancel the flight(s) and book another airline. It might cost you some extra change, but in the long run it wont matter much, esp if you get the acceptance. Goodluck
yea I am ready to cancel this flight and book for another day. I have to pay penalty of $525 but i don't care about that. The only problem is they don't have any seats available until christmas. I called another agent, hopefully she will call me back with some good news.

My flight has a stop in between @ Washington airport, I called United Airlines to find out if I can just depart from Washington instead of Orlando. They said if I miss my flight form Orlando --> Washington then it will cancel the whole ticket. They won't make any exceptions what so ever! The flight doesnt depart from Washington until 10pm on Dec 3rd, that would have been perfect since Temple conducts interview in the morning from 9am -1 pm.

DrDDSman

10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
yea I am ready to cancel this flight and book for another day. I have to pay penalty of $525 but i don't care about that. The only problem is they don't have any seats available until christmas. I called another agent, hopefully she will call me back with some good news.

My flight has a stop in between @ Washington airport, I called United Airlines to find out if I can just depart from Washington instead of Orlando. They said if I miss my flight form Orlando --> Washington then it will cancel the whole ticket. They won't make any exceptions what so ever! The flight doesnt depart from Washington until 10pm on Dec 3rd, that would have been perfect since Temple conducts interview in the morning from 9am -1 pm.

Well here's a suggestion, it might be a little inconvenient but you can try it. You can take all of your luggage with you to Philadelphia and try to fly out from PHL or take a train to Newark (about 1.5 hr ride) and fly out from there.

Mstoothlady2012

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2007
FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Well here's a suggestion, it might be a little inconvenient but you can try it. You can take all of your luggage with you to Philadelphia and try to fly out from PHL or take a train to Newark (about 1.5 hr ride) and fly out from there.
Just called the 3rd agent and that's what I told him if he could find flights from PHL that would work too. He is still searching. I think the problem is finding seats in international flights, not domestic. Thanks!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.