Temple is killing me!-ARGH!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnhopeful

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I interviewed at Temple on the 7th of November & they told me it'd be about 3 weeks to 4 weeks "maximum" before I'd hear back from them...Now I'm at almost 6 weeks & have to slap down an acceptance fee somewhere else if I don't hear from them by Friday.....I called & they basically said "We can't give any info via phone, email or in person....just let the process work-sorry about the non-refundable fee you have to pay to another school"........
Enough w/ the rant.... thanks for listening! Has anyone heard anything positive from Temple who interviewed in that time-frame? --------john(less)hopeful

Members don't see this ad.

Feel better now about the rant? I know it might suck to have to pay the fee for the other school, but you should pay it with a smile. Why? Because you have an acceptance, and because Temple might not give you good news. Be patient with Temple because they can be slow, but be happy you already have a place to go. Good luck with Temple!

Hey, thanks for putting it all into perspective.....guess I just got caught up in the moment......

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't give up hope, John. ;)

I know someone who went through it last year finally got an acceptance from Temple. You just gotta give it time.

I think Temple's applications have been up in the past couple of years. It is one of the best places in the country for clinical experience, so it will be well worth the wait if you get in !!

Best of luck to ya. :cool:

with my ZERO acceptances so far, I feel really sorry for you. LOL, just kidding. Nice work.

temple's neighborhood is too ghetto for me.

dude, send in the acceptance fee! hopefully you'll hear from temple, too, but congrats on getting in!!! good luck with temple, but send in that fee!!!

Originally posted by johnstoner
temple's neighborhood is too ghetto for me.

Temple is not in the worst ghetto I've seen. Are there even any ghettos in Hawaii?

do they accept out of staters??? i was complete there a long time ago (over 2 months) and i still haven't heard anything! i was wondering how they notify if you get an interview is it regular or email??

They sent me a snailmail letter and then when I waited to schedule it, they sent me an email with the letter attached. I interviewed in late November and am accepted, but they told us it would take 6 weeks. I'm a PA resident, and they definitely show love for Pennsylvanians. That location is WAY too trashy for me, though. Don't get lost in that area if you do interview. Good luck!

Originally posted by nygirl6464
do they accept out of staters??? i was complete there a long time ago (over 2 months) and i still haven't heard anything! i was wondering how they notify if you get an interview is it regular or email??

Yeah, they accept out-of-staters. In past years, its been 40% of the class according to info from Temple. I think that they tend to interview the majority of out-of-staters later in the interview season.

Originally posted by SolidGold
Yeah, they accept out-of-staters. In past years, its been 40% of the class according to info from Temple. I think that they tend to interview the majority of out-of-staters later in the interview season.
And from what I've heard, Temple is trending towards accepting more out-of-staters as of the past few application cycles...

Not so much the case last year though (which may have been due to the AMCAS fiasco + 9/11 delays). I understand my class is only 25% out of state, so I feel fortunate to be among them. It'll be interesting to see if it goes closer to 40% again in the coming class.

Being patient is much easier said than done, I know...but I hope you get good news soon! In the meantime, for sure send in the fee and congrats. :)

Originally posted by johnhopeful
Ok, so I interviewed at Temple on the 7th of November & they told me it'd be about 3 weeks to 4 weeks "maximum" before I'd hear back from them...Now I'm at almost 6 weeks & have to slap down an acceptance fee somewhere else if I don't hear from them by Friday.....I called & they basically said "We can't give any info via phone, email or in person....just let the process work-sorry about the non-refundable fee you have to pay to another school"........
Enough w/ the rant.... thanks for listening! Has anyone heard anything positive from Temple who interviewed in that time-frame? --------john(less)hopeful

Arent the deposits from allopathic medical schools refundable until May 15? Is this an osteopathic school that wants money which is nonrefundable?

which may have been due to the AMCAS fiasco
It was because of that fiasco. Last year was a total anomaly.