Temple. PA - Help needed for Housing & BabySitting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ramya

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I will be coming to Temple Dental school in Aug 07 for Endo residency with 3 months old infant. Was wondering if there is a place to call home which is convenient to school and baby sitting. Since I’m moving from CA and no exposure to Philly, wondering if anyone with a Philly/Temple knowledge can advise me on good renting place convenient to Temple DENTAL school in N Broad Street, PA 19140.

Thanks in advance,
Ramya

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I will be coming to Temple Dental school in Aug 07 for Endo residency with 3 months old infant. Was wondering if there is a place to call home which is convenient to school and baby sitting. Since I'm moving from CA and no exposure to Philly, wondering if anyone with a Philly/Temple knowledge can advise me on good renting place convenient to Temple DENTAL school in N Broad Street, PA 19140.

Thanks in advance,
Ramya

Stay FAR FAR away from living on Broad Street. Check out the Roxborough and Manayunk area. It's convenient for school but not sure about the babysitting thing. I'm sure you can find a babysitter no matter where you go. Center City is another area where a few of my friends live. You will not need a car if you live there.

If you want, contact Brian Hahn of the dental school as he has a packet for incoming dental students that has a section on living situation. He is in Admissions.

I'd recommend living in the Art Museum area, It is close enough to school that you can take the subway (eliminating the need for a car) and far enough away to be safe. It is a neighborhood, and there are several child-care facilities in the area (I don't have kids and I can think of three off the top of my head). If you decide to check this neighborhood out, stay south of Fairmont and West of Broad.

I have friends who live in Roxborough/Manayunk and it is also nice. It's a bit further away and you would either need to have a car of your own or a car pool to travel with. I'm not sure of the child-care situation there.

If you would like any other info, please send me a line.

Cheers,

Tim