Temple Podiatry Students: Questions about Podiatry School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

E E Smith

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) Is there media site/online lectures?

2) Are exams computerized?

3) Whats the schedule like the first two years?

4) Insight on certain classes/professors? Who is hard/tough? Who is easy?

5) Whats summer schedules like?

6) Peer tutoring info

7) Class attendance mandatory?

8) Anything else important to know?

Thanks for some insight from current Temple Podiatry Students.

Members don't see this ad.

You might try posting this under the Pod Students forum rather than Pre-Pod... you might get better exposure to current Temple students there. Also, they've told us during interviews that the schedules are to be changed for this incoming class, so keep that in mind for one of your questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
You might try posting this under the Pod Students forum rather than Pre-Pod... you might get better exposure to current Temple students there. Also, they've told us during interviews that the schedules are to be changed for this incoming class, so keep that in mind for one of your questions.
Schedule change how so? Or did they not go into specifics?

At the interview, they didn't have any specifics on the changes. They just said they were changing things up after taking considerations from previous classes.

Hi, just finished my 1st year in TUSPM. Here are answers to your questions.

1) there is class capture for every lecture, however, there have been rare occasions where the class capture wasn't recording during a lecture (d/t schedule changes)

2) all exams are now taken on examsoft. The school will provide you an ipad for you to take it on. On this note: we were told that next year we (2nd years) will not be allowed to backtrack on our answers. We're not sure if this will remain or I'd it applies to incoming 1st years.

3) the schedule is being changed to a block schedule for incoming 1st years which should facilitate your schedule. We had a semi - block schedule. I'd ask wanda hicks for more info on this.

4) general anatomy will be your most labor intensive class but Washburn and griffin are great. Histology will be your hardest class, marino is a really nice guy with great lectures but the hardest qs on exams. Litvin is nice and her lectures/questions are great. Physio is dr Martin who is kinda funny ( But makes simple things confusing).

5) summer schedule... you get your 1st summer off. Then no more! :mad:

6) tutoring is conducted by the sterling Hartford diprimio society which is made of 2nd years. They have sessions right b4 your exams.

7) for the most part no. Only for labs and workshops, but try to make it to class, especially when a clinician comes to speak. Some classes intermittently take attendance or have a pop quiz when attendance is low.

8) if you have any further qs just pm me!

For Histo, do you study mainly from a book or from lecture slides? Also what books do the teachers usually teach from for Anatomy class?

Hi, just finished my 1st year in TUSPM. Here are answers to your questions.

1) there is class capture for every lecture, however, there have been rare occasions where the class capture wasn't recording during a lecture (d/t schedule changes)

2) all exams are now taken on examsoft. The school will provide you an ipad for you to take it on. On this note: we were told that next year we (2nd years) will not be allowed to backtrack on our answers. We're not sure if this will remain or I'd it applies to incoming 1st years.

3) the schedule is being changed to a block schedule for incoming 1st years which should facilitate your schedule. We had a semi - block schedule. I'd ask wanda hicks for more info on this.

4) general anatomy will be your most labor intensive class but Washburn and griffin are great. Histology will be your hardest class, marino is a really nice guy with great lectures but the hardest qs on exams. Litvin is nice and her lectures/questions are great. Physio is dr Martin who is kinda funny ( But makes simple things confusing).

5) summer schedule... you get your 1st summer off. Then no more! :mad:

6) tutoring is conducted by the sterling Hartford diprimio society which is made of 2nd years. They have sessions right b4 your exams.

7) for the most part no. Only for labs and workshops, but try to make it to class, especially when a clinician comes to speak. Some classes intermittently take attendance or have a pop quiz when attendance is low.

8) if you have any further qs just pm me!

For Histo, do you study mainly from a book or from lecture slides? Also what books do the teachers usually teach from for Anatomy class?

For me personally, I studied straight from lecture guides and anatomy guides that were provided. Only used the histo book when a disease in lecture wasn't elaborated and the professor explicitly said it'd probably be on the exam. This happened only twice in the term.

Netter Atlas is the only book I used for anatomy. If you answer all the questions in the anatomy guides they give you, you're golden.