Temple School of Pharmacy 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Kudos! I know some people have been unknowingly spamming their acceptance emails. Perhaps you got it and it got spammed.

Congrats once again! And welcome to the club!:)

Nobody is spamming their acceptance emails:smuggrin:

Admissions did send out email first then letters

22 people have been accepted so far according to the admissions
Congratulations to all those got in:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

:soexcited: I GOT MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER IN THE MAIL!!!!

I know some of you guys got emails, I didnt get one, I just got the thick envelope. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for an answer or waiting on an interview!

I had no doubts you were going to get in. Congrats :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Nobody is spamming their acceptance emails:smuggrin:

Admissions did send out email first then letters

22 people have been accepted so far according to the admissions
Congratulations to all those got in:luck:

I didn't spam mine, I got the interview one... oh well. How do you know that they accepted 22 so far? I looked around the admissions page and didn't see any figures. Link?

Kudos! I know some people have been unknowingly spamming their acceptance emails. Perhaps you got it and it got spammed.

Congrats once again! And welcome to the club!:)

Thanks! cya guys at summer orientation!!

I han an interview at temple on 2/11 and I still haven't heard anything yet. Is it bad sign? Do you think is it ok to call them and ask my status?

I han an interview at temple on 2/11 and I still haven't heard anything yet. Is it bad sign? Do you think is it ok to call them and ask my status?

Yes you can call them to see if you are waitlisted
good luck~~~:luck::xf:

--

Last edited:
Thanks! cya guys at summer orientation!!

Congratulations. I wish I wil have an interview and get acceptance letter too. I am still waiting for the interview cuz I took pcat in Jan.

Can you say your GPA and pcat score? Temple is more focused on pcat?
Also, how did you prepare for the interview?

Congratulations to all accepted! Temple is a great school and you will be glad you chose Temple! See you all next year :)

How easy is it to establish residency in Pennsylvania for in-state tuition?

Someone here interviewed last week? (Feb. 23 to Feb. 27)

Someone got accepted?
As I know, they will have a committee meeting soon
Thanks and good luck to those who are waiting for the result
:xf:

Does anyone, who got the pact score below 50, have the interview and got accepted? I had my pcat score this morning via mail and I am so depressed by it. :( This is the first time to apply pharmacy school and take the pcat, and I only applied Temple cuz I want to get into Temple.

my status
a. international student
b. science GPA: 3.86
c. pcat: below 50 percentile (I got only highest score in math. Verbal section is really really bad.)
d. BS degree( Business & Economics)
e. no pharmaceutical experience
f. only one year (have been living in U.S-Philly)

Do you think guys that I can get the invitation letter for interview
and accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone, who got the pact score below 50, have the interview and got accepted? I had my pcat score this morning via mail and I am so depressed by it. :( This is the first time to apply pharmacy school and take the pcat, and I only applied Temple cuz I want to get into Temple.

my status
a. international student
c. pcat: below 50 percentile (I got only highest score in math. Verbal section is really really bad.)

and accepted?

You need at least a 50 percentile to be considered for an interview. t's on their pharmcas page. (http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesscho...Templepage.htm)

You have a really strong gpa, just retake the pcat and reapply again next year.

And apply to more than 1 school.

Last edited:

my status
a. international student

and accepted?

Sorry but as an international student, you're held to a different (and much higher) standard than the rest of us. The same can be said for some state schools requiring superior stats from out-of-state applicants to in-state applicants.

You really should re-take the PCAT and try again for the 2010 cycle. I recommend that you get some pharmacy experience too while you're at it to bolster your application because that at least that shows them that you're aware of what you're getting yourself into.

BTW, does anyone know if there is a set day of the week that they meet to discuss admissions? I'm coming up on 2 weeks and I'm anxious to find out.

did anyone get an acceptance letter this week?

How easy is it to establish residency in Pennsylvania for in-state tuition?

So I did a little research on this bc i'm from jersey and i was thinking about applying for residency in pennsylvania when i move to Philly. But apparently there's alot of work involved. We have to contact Temple's Registrar and provide them with a list of evidence proving that we will be living in Penn after we graduate. You can find more info on here:

http://www.temple.edu/registrar/documents/PennsylvaniaResidencyGuidelinesandApplication.pdf

I got accepted today via e-mail. I interviewed Feb 19th. I wish everyone else the best of luck! It's such a relief :)

I got accepted today via e-mail. I interviewed Feb 19th. I wish everyone else the best of luck! It's such a relief :)

Congrats~~~

I didn't see such an email
Bad luck for me then:oops:

Is someone interviewed during week Feb.23 - Feb. 27 got accepted?

MDgirl7 how much did you get in your pcats and your gpa???

and did anyone who interviewed btw 9th and 13th feb get in??

Last edited:

PCATS-74
GPA-3.43
science GPA- 3.28

I've seen a lot of different stats for acceptance though. It's not just PCATs and GPA. I think they really look at everything overall. Good luck!

I had an interview from temple on Feb. 17th. I haven't had any email or letter.Do they also send an email if you are rejected or waitlisted?

I got an acceptance email today... interviewed in the beginning of February.

:eek::eek::eek: I am officially freaking out !!!!! I interviewed at temple in the first week of FEB and have heard nothing as of yet,--they are my 1st choice---- my stats are as followed

3.4 GPA
3.3 Science gpa
3.6 math gpa
3.5 yrs retail exp
2 yrs health clinic pharm exp
6 yrs research exp---published
2 yrs teaching science
60 Pcat comp:(
BS in Biology---2007
Many clubs, sports and organizations---held office in many of them / lots of community service hours---tutoring and other things

interviewed at Temple--mercer---howard---campbell
interviews pending---nova---UB
no response-----LIU----VCU---Upitt

I have not heard from 1 school as of yet--I am sweating so much its unbelievable!!!!!!!!! Do u guys think I have a chance???? I called Temple already and they told me I should be hearing soon---this was tuesday---but i feel the need to call them again since someone just got accepted yesterday or the day before---but i dont want my need to know to affect my acceptance---trying to chill out but i cant

Ps: Temple is my first choice---I luv philly--I actually did research at temple; thats where i was published--but that was a lng time ago.

sincerly, Pharmacy 2009 applicant losing much needed sleep

:eek::eek::eek: I am officially freaking out !!!!! I interviewed at temple in the first week of FEB and have heard nothing as of yet,--they are my 1st choice---- my stats are as followed

3.4 GPA
3.3 Science gpa
3.6 math gpa
3.5 yrs retail exp
2 yrs health clinic pharm exp
6 yrs research exp---published
2 yrs teaching science
60 Pcat comp:(
BS in Biology---2007
Many clubs, sports and organizations---held office in many of them / lots of community service hours---tutoring and other things

interviewed at Temple--mercer---howard---campbell
interviews pending---nova---UB
no response-----LIU----VCU---Upitt

I have not heard from 1 school as of yet--I am sweating so much its unbelievable!!!!!!!!! Do u guys think I have a chance???? I called Temple already and they told me I should be hearing soon---this was tuesday---but i feel the need to call them again since someone just got accepted yesterday or the day before---but i dont want my need to know to affect my acceptance---trying to chill out but i cant

Ps: Temple is my first choice---I luv philly--I actually did research at temple; thats where i was published--but that was a lng time ago.

sincerly, Pharmacy 2009 applicant losing much needed sleep

I think you have strong ec's and a solid GPA. Did you score relatively higher on the math and science sections on the pcat?

I think the interview was the make-you/break-you portion. how did your interview go?

Honestly---I dont think i did that well but i am trying to stay optamistic----It was the only interview that I was really nerveous for, i could feel my heart beating and my hands were sweating. I mean, i've heard of people that have had worst interviews and got in. My friend who goes to Temple thinks i didn't do that bad because she thinks i'm overdramatic and really hard on myself,i hope shes right. I just got another interview offer from LIU. I'm excited but these interviews are getting really expensive $$$$$ do you think i should call temple again or just throw my phone in the trash??????? Oh yeah i did get a 96 in the bio section of the PCAT but i only got a 50 in the chem---but i was shocked by the questions and the amount of time i had---i literally only answered 15 question---but whatever, it still says a 50 on my score report

Last edited:
Honestly---I dont think i did that well but i am trying to stay optamistic----It was the only interview that I was really nerveous for, i could feel my heart beating and my hands were sweating. I mean, i've heard of people that have had worst interviews and got in. My friend who goes to Temple thinks i didn't do that bad because she thinks i'm overdramatic and really hard on myself,i hope shes right. I just got another interview offer from LIU. I'm excited but these interviews are getting really expensive $$$$$ do you think i should call temple again or just throw my phone in the trash??????? Oh yeah i did get a 96 in the bio section of the PCAT but i only got a 50 in the chem---but i was shocked by the questions and the amount of time i had---i literally only answered 15 question---but whatever, it still says a 50 on my score report

Aw. Relax. I thought I totally bombed my interview and I ended up getting accepted 2 weeks earlier than I expected to hear back from them. So don't lose hope! And that's an impressive score for the bio section, it's even higher than my bio score.

I'd refrain from contacting them again. You already did all you can so it's all up to temple's adcom now. Instead, focus on prepping for your upcoming interviews. You're very lucky to get an interview from LIU because they don't accept a lot of transfers. I applied and they flat out rejected my butt.

What makes you think you did badly on your interview?

i interviewed on the 9th...still no word from them :(

but i think my interview wasnt too great...we were a group of 6 and i felt like not enough attention was given to each applicant

I guess I think I didn't do that well because I could of done better. I dont know--Maybe its just me over-stressing, I am kind-of hard on myself. Well I think i'm gunna take ur advice and focus on UB and LIU. I hope i do get into temple but we'll see. So what pharm school are u going to, what interviews have you had?

I can identify with being hard on oneself. I just learn to move on and focus on something else.

I interviewed at lecom-B, notre Dame, university of appalachia, Maryland-Baltimore, Michigan, Midwestern-CCP, and Temple. I decided on temple because it's closest to home and I absolutely love philly.

help me out all of those who interviewed. When you got the call for the interview, did they follow up with any emails about what building and stuff you are supposed to go to? I called and scheduled and interview, but have gotten no further info. I don't want to call because of long distance charges and all that jazz, so if i could get info here, that would be great. My interview is on the 17th..

they didnt contact us further, your pretty much on your own after you schedule your interview, i walked around the city till i found the right building!

help me out all of those who interviewed. When you got the call for the interview, did they follow up with any emails about what building and stuff you are supposed to go to? I called and scheduled and interview, but have gotten no further info. I don't want to call because of long distance charges and all that jazz, so if i could get info here, that would be great. My interview is on the 17th..

i didn't receive any additional info... all the info you need is in the invite email they send you... the pharmacy building address and room number are there

i didn't receive any additional info... all the info you need is in the invite email they send you... the pharmacy building address and room number are there

OMG THANK YOU! I totally forgot about that email, you just jogged my memory and now I am forever in debt. Wow, its funny the things you forget with all this stress.

OMG THANK YOU! I totally forgot about that email, you just jogged my memory and now I am forever in debt. Wow, its funny the things you forget with all this stress.

I'm glad to hear that. I accept payment through paypal :D hehe

lol! with the cost of applying to pharm schools my bank account is steadily approaching $0...so you'll have to settle for an IOU...or maybe some cookies. I make really good cookies. MMM getting hungry.

Is there anyone who got an interview of the Jan pcat takers?

i interviewed on the 9th...still no word from them :(

but i think my interview wasnt too great...we were a group of 6 and i felt like not enough attention was given to each applicant

can anyone tell me what kind of questions they asked on the interview? im supposed to be there next wednesday

Is there anyone who got an interview of the Jan pcat takers?

I took it in Jan and have an interview scheduled for March 24th.

How was your PCAT, GPA, and other stuffs?
I am still waiting for an interview, but I feel desperated because of my low PCAT score?

Anyone knows when is the next scheduled committee meeting

Anyone knows when is the next scheduled committee meeting
I called yesterday and they said Tuesday March 17th. She also said they would be sending acceptance emails on Wednesday and Thursday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed :xf:

has anyone actually gotten a wait listed/rejection letter yet??

can anyone tell me what kind of questions they asked on the interview? im supposed to be there next wednesday

During my interview the questions were really simple - why pharmacy, why temple, what's your favorite book and one other i can't recall.

None of them required any serious thinking.

How's your pcat and other stuffs? The advisor said to me that she was going to evaluate my files on Friday, March 13.
Am I going to wait until this week? or I have to contact with the advisor again?

do they recalculate your pre-req GPA?

because pharmCAS only tells them your science gpa..

do they recalculate your pre-req GPA?

because pharmCAS only tells them your science gpa..

Because I am an international student, Temple has to recalculate my
cumulative GPA. The advisor said to me she was going to evaluate my stuffs on the last Friday. Do I wait more or contact with the advisor?
I am so nervous and cannot sleep either.

I called yesterday and they said Tuesday March 17th. She also said they would be sending acceptance emails on Wednesday and Thursday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed :xf:

Any news from the March 17 committee meeting?:confused:

Did anyone who interviewed in early Feb hear back??? Has any anyone heard back?