Temple School of Podiatric Medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KaraKiz

I'm Ron Burgundy?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get the TUSPM Winter newsletter? For those who didn't, this is how the Temple University School of Medicine responded to my application.

Dear Future Physician:

This is the second of a series of short newsletters the Temple University School of Podiatric medicine (TUSPM) sends to students that have participated in the administration of the Medical College Admission Test. This communication gives you a synopsis of developments at TUSPM and highlights other articles of interest. Please take five minutes to peruse the winter 2007 issue. To access the issue please visit the following URL address http://podiatry.temple.edu/gaitway/vol4isu2.html.

When considering a health professions career consider podiatric medicine. Our students have the unprecedented opportunity to train side-by-side with other Temple University (TU) health care professionals. Students have assisted in providing care at the TU hospital level one trauma center as well as at other TU clinical settings and hospitals located throughout the country.

Doctors of Podiatric Medicine (D.P.M.) experience significant professional satisfaction. They enjoy one to one interaction with patients, perform surgical procedures and treat a full scope of systemic and biomechanical issues affecting the lower extremity. Seventy five percent of podiatric physicians work less than 48 hours per week, allowing them a balance between providing health care and pursuing personal interests. Furthermore, according to the Department and Bureau of Labor Statistics, podiatric medicine ranks eleventh out of the twenty top paying professions. Results from a recent survey conducted by the American Podiatric Medical Association of its members indicated the average net salary of a podiatric physician is $136,000

Sincerely,

David E. Martin
Director of Student Services

Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine
8th at Race Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19107

Source of e-mail addresses: Assoc. of American Medical Colleges

So, you think this means I'm not getting an interview there? :D

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah got it about 10 min ago. I got it last year also. Jerks.

I got that one as well!

I should really shut off the GMail notifier, but I'm at work and I'm bored, so all I do is read stuff here and wait for the little pop-up thing to show up.

I nearly fell over because I was waiting on Temple and then I realized it was this...

Lovely!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got that one as well!

I should really shut off the GMail notifier, but I'm at work and I'm bored, so all I do is read stuff here and wait for the little pop-up thing to show up.

I nearly fell over because I was waiting on Temple and then I realized it was this...

Lovely!

Same here. You would think a medical school, filled with educated people would have some level of sensitivity.

I fart in their general direction.

Anyone else get the TUSPM Winter newsletter? For those who didn't, this is how the Temple University School of Medicine responded to my application.

Dear Future Physician:

This is the second of a series of short newsletters the Temple University School of Podiatric medicine (TUSPM) sends to students that have participated in the administration of the Medical College Admission Test. This communication gives you a synopsis of developments at TUSPM and highlights other articles of interest. Please take five minutes to peruse the winter 2007 issue. To access the issue please visit the following URL address http://podiatry.temple.edu/gaitway/vol4isu2.html.

When considering a health professions career consider podiatric medicine. Our students have the unprecedented opportunity to train side-by-side with other Temple University (TU) health care professionals. Students have assisted in providing care at the TU hospital level one trauma center as well as at other TU clinical settings and hospitals located throughout the country.

Doctors of Podiatric Medicine (D.P.M.) experience significant professional satisfaction. They enjoy one to one interaction with patients, perform surgical procedures and treat a full scope of systemic and biomechanical issues affecting the lower extremity. Seventy five percent of podiatric physicians work less than 48 hours per week, allowing them a balance between providing health care and pursuing personal interests. Furthermore, according to the Department and Bureau of Labor Statistics, podiatric medicine ranks eleventh out of the twenty top paying professions. Results from a recent survey conducted by the American Podiatric Medical Association of its members indicated the average net salary of a podiatric physician is $136,000

Sincerely,

David E. Martin

8th at Race Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19107

I didn't apply to Temple and I got that message as well. I assume that their School of Podiatric Medicine has a separate admissions committee that got our names off a list of people who took the MCAT. I wouldn't take this as a rejection from their med school if that is what you are saying...

Yea, I got that also - I saw Temple University on the recipient name and was like "OMG, they've given me an interview!" - Only to open it to the rest of the subject and subsequent message - Grrrr. :(

I also got a Podiatric Association of America or whatever letter in the mail as well along with info from a Caribbean special masters program - didn't know my MCAT scores were so craptastic??? :confused:

I fart in their general direction.

:laugh: :laugh:

I got the e-mail as well. Funny thing, I never even completed the secondary for the med school, and I definitely did NOT apply to the podiatry school.

Yea, I got that also - I saw Temple University on the recipient name and was like "OMG, they've given me an interview!" - Only to open it to the rest of the subject and subsequent message - Grrrr. :(

I also got a Podiatric Association of America or whatever letter in the mail as well along with info from a Caribbean special masters program - didn't know my MCAT scores were so craptastic??? :confused:

I know :( I was really hoping for that interview invite. And don't worry, my numbers are pretty craptastic as well:(

Everybody needs to calm down. That message was sent to EVERYONE who took the MCAT whether they applied to Temple's MD program, Podiatry program, or neither. It's the same as getting all the scholarship emails from the Army. So, unless you are planning on applying to Temple's podiatry program, unsubscribe from their list and send it to the trash. And take a chill pill.

Everybody needs to calm down. That message was sent to EVERYONE who took the MCAT whether they applied to Temple's MD program, Podiatry program, or neither. It's the same as getting all the scholarship emails from the Army. So, unless you are planning on applying to Temple's podiatry program, unsubscribe from their list and send it to the trash. And take a chill pill.
This is true...I got that e-mail also, if you look at the very bottom it says 'Source of e-mail addresses: Assoc. of American Medical Colleges'

This is true...I got that e-mail also, if you look at the very bottom it says 'Source of e-mail addresses: Assoc. of American Medical Colleges'

It just feels like another kick in the gut, thats all.

Members don't see this ad :)

Right, it also says plainly in the letter that it was sent to basically anyone who took the MCAT.

I got the email as well without an app submitted to Temple.

I got it too, and I didn't apply to Temple.

Yeah, I just got annoyed b/c I was waiting on an interview invite, so it felt like "Well since your application was such a joke that we didnt even bother to interview you, we figured no medical school in their right mind would ever accept you. Since you are a failure and will need to apply to school again next year, please consider giving us your money through our podiatry school, since we would never dream of actually accepting you into the school of medicine."

Now that I know it was a mass mailing, I won't take it so personally next time :D

no No NO! I'm so scared now. I just don't understand why I got this email. Temple has not granted me an interview and I can't figure out why other than the fact that I didn't apply to their program. What's the deal? I really feel like this might be the end of the line for my medical school aspirations. Since I got this email, do I HAVE to go into Podiatry now? My Mom is going to be so disappointed because, in fact, she doesn't have feet, and now I cannot provide any useful information as she gets into her 'golden years.' And 48 hours a week, wow. I was wanting to go into radiology so I could be on the golf course by 2:30 -- damnit Temple Podiatry!! All these icky feet, nasty toenails, and people that look like my avatar coming to get me to fix 'em! I tried to unsubscribe to their email, but all I got was an acceptence letter in return! Someone Help!

I can't speak for everyone, but I was annoyed simply because I was hoping for a Temple interview invite, only to open it and realize it was a mass mailing.

I'm not sure if everyone was freaking out, but it can cause a lot of excitement and then a huge letdown when you're waiting on something and then get a mass podiatry email.

there was a letter from tulane in the stack of mail to my house yesterday.. i picked it up but then saw it was addressed to my little brother (junior in high school so he's getting all those mailings)
i told my mom 'i don't get it, i PAID them to look at my stuff and communicate with me but i get nothing and he gets stuff for breathing'

haha ok a bit pointless but still.. this whole process is exhausting!

Hhahahaha..classic!

there was a letter from tulane in the stack of mail to my house yesterday.. i picked it up but then saw it was addressed to my little brother (junior in high school so he's getting all those mailings)
i told my mom 'i don't get it, i PAID them to look at my stuff and communicate with me but i get nothing and he gets stuff for breathing'

haha ok a bit pointless but still.. this whole process is exhausting!

I can't speak for everyone, but I was annoyed simply because I was hoping for a Temple interview invite, only to open it and realize it was a mass mailing.

I'm not sure if everyone was freaking out, but it can cause a lot of excitement and then a huge letdown when you're waiting on something and then get a mass podiatry email.

I know the feeling; I've heard precisely nothing from Temple since submitting my secondary. I feel the urge to reply:

"Thank you, but I don't enjoy feet."

Dear Future Physician:

Sincerely,

David E. Martin

8th at Race Streets
Philadelphia, PA 19107

Hey man, if they don't want to have anything to do with podiatric medicine, then don't bother. I am pursuing podiatric medicine and the less competition we have, the better. Besides, all they are going to do is bash our future occupations anyway, so let's just stick to the forums where we belong.

FDH

I was getting weird spam in my Yahoo bulk mail folder for a while. It said "Your application is accepted." I was so excited... until I opened it and saw it was one of those home mortgage spam things. It sucked.. there's just no escaping the disappointment.

Lol yea i got this. When i saw the sender, i was like score maybe theres a change to my status there, adn then i opened up and well its history from there lol