• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Temple Student Hosts?

nairay

Not burnt bread
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2003
Los Angeles/Davis, CA
    Hi,

I have an interview at Temple in a couple of weeks, and I've searched here and on their website for anything about student hosts. Do they even have such a program or a student list with people to contact, or should I just shell out the money for a hotel?

If a hotel is the only choice, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

mstar

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Dec 15, 2004
    Boston
      nairay said:
      Hi,

I have an interview at Temple in a couple of weeks, and I've searched here and on their website for anything about student hosts. Do they even have such a program or a student list with people to contact, or should I just shell out the money for a hotel?

If a hotel is the only choice, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Nairay
      I don't know about whether Temple offers student hosting or not but if you want a really nice, cheap hotel, try the Hotel Windsor. I stayed in an awesome huge room with a kitchenette for 75 bucks a few weeks ago. It's right on the Ben Franklin Parkway and in a nice area. I got the rate through Travelzoo, a travel newsletter, so if you book there, ask them for the Travelzoo rate. Good luck!

cunikki

SCCO 2009
      10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Nov 10, 2004
      Littleton, CO
        mstar said:
        Hey Nairay
        I don't know about whether Temple offers student hosting or not but if you want a really nice, cheap hotel, try the Hotel Windsor. I stayed in an awesome huge room with a kitchenette for 75 bucks a few weeks ago. It's right on the Ben Franklin Parkway and in a nice area. I got the rate through Travelzoo, a travel newsletter, so if you book there, ask them for the Travelzoo rate. Good luck!

hey i dont know about the student housing either; but i have a good suggestion... go onto priceline and bid 46 bucks a night for 4 star hotels in philly... i stayed at hyatt regency at penns landing (4star and super super nice) for 46 a night off there; you can get really close by taking the subway (r1) into town to the market east statioN or something like that; and then take any r train but r1 outbound to temple; its seriously 10 min on the train; and there is a stop specifically for temple; its super cheap plus a really nice place to stay; plus you can get dinner in philly or see some touristy stuff instead of being stuck outside it...

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.