Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry Post-Bac 2019 Interview/Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MessiGoat

Reaction score
Hey!

This thread is for anyone who has interviewed for the 2019 Dentistry Post-Bac program at Temple U.

I was wondering if anyone could confirm how many spots they have in the program this year. On their website it says "minimum of 40 students" and during the interview, I think I remember them saying there are 60 spots this year.

I was also wondering if anyone knows how many people got invited to interview. This year they had three interview days: March 5th, March 6th, and March 12th. My interview was on March 5th and there were about 27 people in our group. For anyone who interviewed on the 6th or 12th, how many people were in your groups?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
You most likely heard right.
It’s been ~60 the past 2 years.

Reactions: 1 users
You most likely heard right.
It’s been ~60 the past 2 years.
Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know how many people are usually invited to interview for this program? Did you interview this year or in a previous year? If so, how many people were in your interview group? If you don't mind me asking.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed today and I believe there was 23 people.

From the sounds of it, I think there's only the 3 interview dates so your chances are good. [If anyone was offered a date after 3/12, please feel free to let us know]

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email yesterday telling me the application was still open. They said the last day to apply is March 29. So I'm assuming that they want me to apply?? lol

I got an email yesterday telling me the application was still open. They said the last day to apply is March 29. So I'm assuming that they want me to apply?? lol

Hm. I guess then it's safe to assume those who interviewed the first 3 dates and did not get an acceptance yesterday are rejected?

They probably extended interviews because they can not fill the class with the students they want

Hi everyone! I'm filling out my FASFA for the program, but I wasn't too sure what to pick for the following question: "What degree or certificate will you be working on when you begin the 2019-2020 school year?"

I'm thinking "other/undecided"? What do you guys think? :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 3.05.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 3.05.58 PM.png
    179.1 KB · Views: 109
Hi :) I interviewed on 3/12 and just got accepted. I can’t wait to meet everyone!

I had an interview on March 12th, and yesterday I got my acceptance! :clap:

Gonna be a tough year for all of us but hopefully next year around this time we can get those "real" dental school acceptances!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, I received an email to interview yesterday. They gave me two dates, 4/5 and 4/10. A lil nervous for the interview. Can someone shed some light on it please?

Got accepted on March 22nd! Does anybody know if there is a way to find roommates with people that are in the post-bac program?

Hey guys. I just applied last Thursday. To everyone that has been accepted, how long did it take for them to contact you about an interview?

They sent me an email to interview on 2/19, 3/27, and 4/3 because I haven’t responded. I applied on 2/13.

They sent me an email to interview on 2/19, 3/27, and 4/3 because I haven’t responded. I applied on 2/13.

Wow are they really that desperate? I know they've also opened the application again for a week after the initial 3 interview dates. They need to just pick students from the pool that they've already interviewed.

Wow are they really that desperate? I know they've also opened the application again for a week after the initial 3 interview dates. They need to just pick students from the pool that they've already interviewed.
That’s what it seems like. I was surprised that they haven’t filled the class within the initial deadline. I thankfully received an acceptance after I applied so I never responded.

That’s what it seems like. I was surprised that they haven’t filled the class within the initial deadline. I thankfully received an acceptance after I applied so I never responded.

Congrats on your acceptance!
I am also waitlisted but would pay the deposit for this program if accepted. There are students who have already interviewed like myself who would actually attend this program yet they are sending continuous emails to students who haven't responded to their interview invitation (clearly shows the application isn't interested in the program) and extending the application deadline after its initial one.

Hi guys, did anyone get accepted who interviewed 4/5? Dave said we’d hear back early next week so I’m starting to get worried

@giannis I don’t know if this helps but I received an email from them on April 29 saying “This email is to inform you that the entering 2019 Post Baccalaureate Program class has reached its maximum number of students and no further action will be taken on your application.

Thank you for your interest in the Kornberg School of Dentistry at Temple University.”

Hey, guys, i am interested in the post bacc program at Kornberg as well but i will probably be looking to apply next year for it. That being said it would be highly appreciated if anyone who got accepted was willing to share their stats so i know if i have a chance.
Thank you in advance

Hey, guys, i am interested in the post bacc program at Kornberg as well but i will probably be looking to apply next year for it. That being said it would be highly appreciated if anyone who got accepted was willing to share their stats so i know if i have a chance.
Thank you in advance
Hey! Did you end up applying this year? I just applied and wanted to know what the interview process was like (anyone can answer this.)