Temple University School of Medicine Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Klemptor

Loco Mosquito
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Congrats to everyone who's been accepted. I didn't see a thread for the Temple class of 2014 so I figured I'd start one.

So I guess I'll introduce myself. I'm Katherine, currently finishing my undergrad in Biophysics at Temple, big into Billy Idol and Iggy Pop. I would love to get to know some of my future classmates, so if you're planning to attend Temple, please introduce yourself!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Katherine, I'm Mike from LA. I'll be attending Temple as well!!!

hey, I'm a first year...If any of you guys have questions about the school, housing (I know more about manayunk area since I live there) or anything you may have concerns about, feel free to IM or post the Q here.

Hope you guys look forward to coming to Temple! Enjoy your summer and get ready for your first block, anatomy...haha oh man you'll be in for a good time!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi. I'm from nyc and will be joining the 2014 class as well. Very excited! Have you guys gotten any financial aid stuff yet?

Hi. I'm from nyc and will be joining the 2014 class as well. Very excited! Have you guys gotten any financial aid stuff yet?
not yet, i called last week and they said they'll be sending us stuff in the next few weeks. i believe they're still working through the waitlist applicants.

hey all
I am Ara. Been in Philly the last 11 years, graduated from Penn last august and currently work in Philly. 95% sure ill be at temple next year
if people have questions about philly feel free to ask and ill try my best to asnwer

I'm Jarred. I graduated from Hopkins a year ago and have been working at the hospital doing research. I'm 99% sure I'll be living in Manayunk for my first two years. Looking forward to meeting some of you this Friday

Hi again. I am out of the country and won't be able to attend the second look. Can you guys let me know if anything important comes up?
Thanks!

Hey All...My name is Dina from NYC. I am 95% sure I will be at Temple this Fall (actually who am I kidding more like this summer haha). I created a Facebook group:Temple University School of Medicine Class of 2014...I find it easier to talk on there. Hope to meet some of you Friday. :)

FYI in case you guys didn't see it, there's new info up on TMO.

TMO? is that in the tu portal?

NVM. I figured it out

I will be in Temple. I have been in the post-bacc at the med school this year, which comes with a guaranteed spot if you qualify academically. I just got my grades back and I am good, so I guess I will be meeting some of you in August.
I have been in the Health Sciences Campus for a year, so I can try to answer any general questions about Temple if anyone needs.

Members don't see this ad :)
http://www.slide.com/r/rDcqPwve4z_Ddpn9NY2Izw6xgmuiPHrg?mail1=1

I am a Temple student and I live in
an incredibly beautiful house. One guy will be moving into one of the rooms. Stewart is a Business major and I am a Accelerated Nursing student at Temple University.
Below you will find pictures and more information about ...the place. If
you would like to take a
look at the place just email me and I will show you the place.

[email protected]

Hey guys I am new to SDN...I have been away doing a fellowship in Western Africa and I havent been recieving any communication from Temple after I was accepted since I do not have continuous internet or mail access...Is there anything that we are required to do before we matriculate in August? Do we have to take any drug test? How about a physical? It would be helpful if current students could let me know for sure so I can take care of whatever needs to be done before I head back.

Log into TMO, there's a bunch of information there. You will need to have a child abuse check done, a background check done, and a physical. You will also need to have transcripts sent from your universities directly to Temple. I haven't heard anything about a drug test. You may also want to join the Facebook for our class to keep up to date. Hope this helps!

I'm a third year at Temple.
Feel free to PM me if you have questions about anything.

Gman- I PM'd you about the desk footprint, can it handle larger laptop or is it a tiny desk?

thx m32837

I posted an ad on the Temple Med Facebook wall page. I'm coming up to Philly in 2 weeks looking for an apt most likely in the suburbs. Looking for a male roommate......

PM me if interested??

Thanks Michael

I have an amazing house suited for health professional students. The house offers free internet, free cable, furnished rooms, free washer and dried, free phone [call anywhere in the United States for free], and a Bricks alarm system. I am currently living in the house, with a business major student, a medical student, and 3 Physical Therapy students, there is one more room available if interested let me know and come check out this house.:thumbup:

http://www.slide.com/r/rDcqPwve4z_Ddpn9NY2Izw6xgmuiPHrg?mail1=1

[email protected]

Hey guys,

I just payed my 100 deposit but can't find any pre-orientation info on the tmo website. Does anyone have any idea where I can find information on orientation, important paperwork, and other instructions?

See you soon!

Your TMO account should have a link that says "Tuition Deposit" and under that link is all of the information and paperwork that we've received so far. You can also join the Facebook page (I think there's a link earlier in this thread) and you should check out the blog (tusm2014.wordpress.com, but I think you have wait for an email invitation from the admissions office before you can post anything).

Hope this helps!

Hey guys,

I just payed my 100 deposit but can't find any pre-orientation info on the tmo website. Does anyone have any idea where I can find information on orientation, important paperwork, and other instructions?

See you soon!

You may need to give it a few days. It took some time after I paid my deposit before the link showed up for me. Unless it was there all along and I just didn't see it, which is very possible:laugh:.