Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine (TUSPM) Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh okay noted. I was glancing at some past acceptance threads and saw 493 but that could be an exception idk.

You could be an 'exception' too. Just apply and see what happens.

Does anyone know if temple scholarships renew every year or if it is a one time thing?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if temple scholarships renew every year or if it is a one time thing?

I believe it's one time thing. However, if you are in the top 10%, you do get some scholarship for the second year. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Its a one time thing. I think if you make Stirling Hartford you can keep it or there is a scholarship that you can apply for that you basically automatically get.

They give every one a bunch of scholarships you can apply for. I actually got more money my 2nd year from scholarships than I got in the initial scholarship

Reactions: 1 users
Had a friend that got interview with a 493

Are their facilities really that bad from what I hear compared to other med schools

Are their facilities really that bad from what I hear compared to other med schools

Compared to the schools I visited (nycpm and barry), I thought Temple's facilities were just as good, if not better. However, their graduate housing is outdated IMO.

Compared to the schools I visited (nycpm and barry), I thought Temple's facilities were just as good, if not better. However, their graduate housing is outdated IMO.
Could you please elaborate, all the videos I have seen paint Temples facility as run down and old, especially their library

Could you please elaborate, all the videos I have seen paint Temples facility as run down and old, especially their library
Temple, NYCPM, and Barry have the worst facilities of the 9. So comparing them together is Apple to Apple but comparing them to the others in terms of facilities is apples to oranges tbh...

Members don't see this ad :)
Temple, NYCPM, and Barry have the worst facilities of the 9. So comparing them together is Apple to Apple but comparing them to the others in terms of facilities is apples to oranges tbh...

Out of those 3, imo, NYCPM has it the worst. The area and the one building campus is just ridiculous.
I never visited TempleU, but at least with Barry, it feels like being part of a community since its a university. When I saw the Scholl campus for the first time, I knew it right then it was the program I'm attending (the 24 hours library/gym had me sold).

That said, let's not forget that the education you get from any of those programs is good enough to become a licensed DPM.

Reactions: 4 users
Out of those 3, imo, NYCPM has it the worst. The area and the one building campus is just ridiculous.
I never visited TempleU, but at least with Barry, it feels like being part of a community since its a university. When I saw the Scholl campus for the first time, I knew it right then it was the program I'm attending (the 24 hours library/gym had me sold).

That said, let's not forget that the education you get from any of those programs is good enough to become a licensed DPM.
Are the DPM students integrated with the MD students or are there rarely any interactions between the disciplines?

Kind of a random question but are there a lot of job opportunities on campus where you can study: work at the library, gym, etc.

yup, usually there are around 6 students per table..around 3 are from pod and 3 from md...its fun!

How's the interaction between the MD and DPM students? Is there any camaraderie or do they simply see the pod students as something different and don't interact with them much outside of class?

How's the interaction between the MD and DPM students? Is there any camaraderie or do they simply see the pod students as something different and don't interact with them much outside of class?

Everyone is friendly and you get to know one another from different settings such as the labs and small group for patient interactions.
If you guys have more Scholl related questions then come ask them in the Scholl page..lol...I don't want to take the Temple space for Scholl. Thanks

The anatomy lab was recently renovated and is pretty nice (sadly virtual due to covid, so wont get a chance to dissect for fall). The foot and ankle institute is right on campus. It has a huge patient volume so you will be able to see a variety of cases during your clinic years. I know that you will have to travel atleast 15 mins by car for clinic at Barry and the one at NYCPM isn't as nice. The 1st and 2nd year classrooms are pretty basic. Their gait lab is pretty cool and I didn't a similar one at NYCPM or Barry.

I can only speak on the 3 schools I have visited. There 6 other pod schools to consider. But out of the 3 I visited, NYCPM was the worst and depending on what you like Barry and Temple are pretty even.

Hope this helps.

Compared to the places I interviewed at way back in the day, Temple's facilities were definitely rundown in comparison to KSUCPM, DMU and AZPOD.

Was rejected by Temple today. Did not receive an interview either. Stung a little bit, but wasn't one of my top choices. Think I was below the MCAT screen. Oh well. Better luck elsewhere!

Last edited by a moderator:
Was rejected by Temple today. Did not receive an interview either. Stung a little bit, but wasn't one of my top choices. Think I was below the MCAT screen. Oh well. Better luck elsewhere!
I’m sorry! But chin up there are plenty of other schools and it wasn’t even your top choice. I think if it was the mcat screen no one looked at your app and most other schools don’t have screens in general so this is just a hiccup in your path to podiatry school :)

I’m sorry! But chin up there are plenty of other schools and it wasn’t even your top choice. I think if it was the mcat screen no one looked at your app and most other schools don’t have screens in general so this is just a hiccup in your path to podiatry school :)
Thanks for the kind words! Again, it stung a little bit but all is well. Waiting to hear back from other schools currently!

Reactions: 4 users
Is there anyone from TUSPM that I could PM to ask a few Qs? :) thanks!

I'm a first year at TUSPM. I can try and help with a few of your questions.
how long after the interview do you usually get an acceptance? From what i've seen temple's interviews are pretty stress free. Di you have any advice for interview day? Is there something that might not give you an admission at the interview or are you pretty much guaranteed a spot? I have a 501 mcat 3.4 sci 3.44 cumulative gpa. Thanks!

I was just checking student outcomes at all 9 schools. Is there are reason Temple has one of the lower residency match rates (92.5%)? It is still a pretty decent match rate of course, but since others are like around 99%, should this be a bit alarming?

Was anyone ever asked an anatomy question during their interviews? I was looking at a bunch of possible interview questions and there was one asking about the subtalar joint.

I was just checking student outcomes at all 9 schools. Is there are reason Temple has one of the lower residency match rates (92.5%)? It is still a pretty decent match rate of course, but since others are like around 99%, should this be a bit alarming?

Doesn't matter.

Match depends on more variables than just the school. How the individual student works, how well they prepare, if they rank wisely pending on what they want, if they rank multiple places, how many residency slots versus applicants there are.

Premeds/pods come in thinking the school they go to dictates board pass rates + residency placement.

They do not realize how much of it depends on THEM.

Reactions: 5 users
Was anyone ever asked an anatomy question during their interviews? I was looking at a bunch of possible interview questions and there was one asking about the subtalar joint.

This will not happen...unless you purport to already have an understanding of foot anatomy in your profile. Then someone could test it, I guess. Just worry about your "why?" It doesn't have to be an answer specific to podiatry but you should show that you have shadowed a podiatrist at the very least. If you have any serious negatives be prepared to address them. Don't sweat it. Respond in a concise manner. Do not ramble to fill time.

Reactions: 2 users

I had to sign a waiver saying I understand residency placement is not a guarantee because their residency placement was 98% for 2019. Not sure where the 92% came from.

how long after the interview do you usually get an acceptance? From what i've seen temple's interviews are pretty stress free. Di you have any advice for interview day? Is there something that might not give you an admission at the interview or are you pretty much guaranteed a spot? I have a 501 mcat 3.4 sci 3.44 cumulative gpa. Thanks!

There are no guarantees. But you can increase your chances by being well-prepared for the interview and being professional. For my interview last year, I focused on general questions like "why podiatry, leadership, community/volunteer etc." Anything that was thrown at me that I may have not been ready for, I just took my time and answered to the best of my ability. My interview was pretty laid back and I enjoyed it. Good Luck!!

Did anyone schedule their interview at Temple? If so for when?

Do interviewers ever ask questions about current healthcare issues ex. COVID/Medicare for All/etc.?

Do interviewers ever ask questions about current healthcare issues ex. COVID/Medicare for All/etc.?

IMO, this is unlikely unless you indicate a deep understanding of the issues on your application (you did a master's in public health etc).

Do you guys know if Temple needs LORs on file to give a decision after interview? I've heard some gave conditional acceptances due to slow processing of LORs?

Congrats on the interview invite! How was the interview? Scheduled mine for September 11th!

Interview was great! Very laid back, definitely put Temple higher up for me in regards to schools I'm considering.

Has anyone heard back from temple yet after interviewing or know how long it takes for them to get back to you after your interview?

Has anyone heard back from temple yet after interviewing or know how long it takes for them to get back to you after your interview?

I interviewed August 24th, they said they would release decisions week of September 13th for me.

Hey everyone! I just got an interview for Temple set for Sep. 28th!

Are scholarships for TUSPM based solely on GPA/ MCAT or are ECs and volunteering weighted in as well?