Temple vs NYU vs Minnesota vs Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sake

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I apologize for another comparison post. I need your opinion! I like to specialize(prosthodontics) after dental school but still keep the possibility of becoming a general dentist. I really enjoyed my interviews at all schools and I was impressed with all of them. Students seem all happy too ugh... The tuition won’t matter much to me since I am an international - well cheaper better... My brother will be attending NYU dental so I am torn! Help!

Case Western: small class size new facility next year but I've never lived in Ohio or mid-states.
Minnesota: really enjoyed the city (happiest state!) I am an east coaster but still worried about cold and snow - the state has dental therapist so I am not so sure about this + never lived in mid-states
NYU: living expense seems too much but class size doesn’t seem too bad since they are divided into two groups. It would be nice to be close to my brother! Amazing patient pool
Temple: I didn’t enjoy the neighborhood so much... strong clinical and amazing patient pool - alumni network seems amazing!

If you have anything to say in regards to these schools please share ^_^

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
All those schools are fine for specializing. which one do you like most. If cost is a big concern you can go with Temple. Everyone looks for different characteristics.

In my opinion, I would say Minnesota>Case>Temple or NYU if you don't care about tuition..

Members don't see this ad :)
your brother is attending NYU dental? That's awesome! That'd be cool to have a roommate and study buddy.