Temple vs Pittsburgh Undergrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

formersdnlurker

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi...I'm currently a high school senior and I wanted to know if anyone had any input on either TempleU or University of Pittsburgh as undergrad. These are currently my two choices and I thought that it would be nice to get some feedback from people who might have experiened either for themselves. Like what are the pre-med programs are like and how is the environment in regards to facilities. I have visited them both myself but am still left undecided between the two. Thanks for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

formersdnlurker said:
Hi...I'm currently a high school senior and I wanted to know if anyone had any input on either TempleU or University of Pittsburgh as undergrad. These are currently my two choices and I thought that it would be nice to get some feedback from people who might have experiened either for themselves. Like what are the pre-med programs are like and how is the environment in regards to facilities. I have visited them both myself but am still left undecided between the two. Thanks for any input.

Go to the school that give you more money and that is easier to get high grades.

both schools have average undergrad programs. i would probably choose pitt based on their slightly better reputation. also, their location is better and their research facilities are also more robust.

g'luck

oh yeah and they have a program where you can get into pitt med early if you kick-ass (i mean really kick-ass) but pitt med is amazing...

Members don't see this ad :)
formersdnlurker said:

My four years here at Pitt have been the best of my life! With the proximity to the hospitals and tons of research opportunities available for undergrads, it's heaven for serious pre-meds! I've been with the same lab for over a year.

The overall incoming class SAT average keeps moving up, and Pitt is becoming an amazing school to attend academically. There are also over 300 organizations to join on campus, and downtown Pittsburgh is just minutes away. Pitt has the best of everything :)

HAIL TO PITT

I don't know much about Temple, but I have to say I'm quite impressed with the faculty at Pitt. I'm just taking a couple random classes at Pitt until I start med school in the fall and the profs are some of the best I've had (I went to undergrad at CMU and did post-bacc at Hopkins).

Thanks for all your input! I appreciate it.

My cousin is considering Pitt for the combined medical program and he says for an undergrad not considered top tier it has a lot of research going on that is competitive with those other schools. It's funny because I interviewed at Pitt medical school like a week before he did. BTW all of those hospitals are very close to the undergrad campus and there are a lot of hospitals