Temple Waitlist (alternate admissions)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for those who have applied to Temple, did you guys meet all the pre-reqs? i saw the list of classes and i'm sure my school doesn't even offer some of them. should i still apply to Temple for the 2008 school year anyway?

As of right now, i have 3.86 gpa, 70% on pcat, and pharmacy experience. will get my bs degree in bio/chem this spring. is it competitive enough for temple?

Members don't see this ad.

for those who have applied to Temple, did you guys meet all the pre-reqs? i saw the list of classes and i'm sure my school doesn't even offer some of them. should i still apply to Temple for the 2008 school year anyway?

As of right now, i have 3.86 gpa, 70% on pcat, and pharmacy experience. will get my bs degree in bio/chem this spring. is it competitive enough for temple?

i think it should be good enough....but i dont know i have a feeling they want a very good score for the pcat like above 80%( from what i have read on the forum and heard from ppl)
u should get your pre reqs done before u r going to start the professional program...

20pharm08
I would make sure you call the admissions department, they will tell you which courses at your school you can take to fufill their requirements. There are some on their list of prereqs that are specific for temple. for example, their intellectual heritage course that they require, i was able to take art history 1 and 2. im pretty sure world history 1 and 2 count as well, but def call. they are really nice!

also, i have heard that they will waive some of the prereqs if you are applying and will have a bachelors.

good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Called again today....Still not ranked!!!

Hey everyone, I just got my acceptance letter yesterday!! I believe the waiting list has been ranked, and supposably it gets updated every week or so. Good luck to everyone, hope to see you this fall! :D:D

Hey everyone, I just got my acceptance letter yesterday!! I believe the waiting list has been ranked, and supposably it gets updated every week or so. Good luck to everyone, hope to see you this fall! :D:D

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
I just wanted to know your stats??? Please share them with me b/c I am looking to apply to Temple. Thanks:D

Congrats OOMARIOrx:
Do you mid sharing your stats. You must be really excited. I called yesterday 7-11-07 and they said the wait list was not rank yet, and that I should wait 2 more weeks. I wonder if they said that b/c they knew I didn't get in and they just wanted to give me more hopes.
I was kind of happy yesterday because the lady I talked to gave me a lot of positives feelings, but now I guess there is no hope.
Good luck!!!!

Congrats OOMARIOrx:
Do you mid sharing your stats. You must be really excited. I called yesterday 7-11-07 and they said the wait list was not rank yet, and that I should wait 2 more weeks. I wonder if they said that b/c they knew I didn't get in and they just wanted to give me more hopes.
I was kind of happy yesterday because the lady I talked to gave me a lot of positives feelings, but now I guess there is no hope.
Good luck!!!!

there is hope, ya just gota stay positive:). my gpa is 3.8, my science & math grades are ..
bio- A-
orgo- A
Calc- A
Chem- A
phys- A-

my pcats were 60

good luck to everyone!!:)

Thank you, my gpa is only 3.5 and pcat score a 70%. I have been working for CVS for 2 years, I thought that would help...
I just don't understand why they tell you they haven't rank it when they actually have admitted people from the wait list already.
I am going to be watching for the mail man tomorrow, hoping to receive a letter. When was your letter written, and mailed? Could you also tell me who signed your letter?
Thank you and I am crossing my fingers to see you all in the fall!!!

oomariexo,

Congratulations on your acceptance. Just wondering...did someone actually tell you that the list was ranked and updated every week?? I'm just wondering why they would tell some people that the list is not even ranked when it obviously is if they are accepting people from the waitlist. I guess I'm just not going to call anymore. I've just been checking the mailbox everyday hoping to get some news.

I am originally from PA, and applied to Temple pharmacy school last year for kicks. I kicked ass in the interview, but ended up getting waitlisted. My GPA was a 3.5 and PCAT 89%. I bugged them, but it turns out they didn't rank the waiting list and it's by the grace of God that you get in... at least it was this way last year. It seems like they just randomly pick a file from the list and decide to accept them! All you can do is wait it out and hope for the best! Temple is a great school, but at this point, you just go where you get accepted! GOOD LUCK! :D

i dont know for sure if the wait list gets ranked, it was just something that i heard from another student. my letter was dated 7/7 and i actually got a phone call and she told me over the phone that i was placed off of the wait list. i never asked about the ranking.

oomariexo

Congratulations once again for getting into Temple!!!! Do u have any advice for me for getting into Temple?? What should I do?? When shoudl I apply?? Also I have no idea what my PCAT scores are b/c I took them in June and thinking of retaking them in August. So, can u please tell me what and how did u got into temple?? I know ur stats :thumbup: is there any other tips........please forward on.
thanks

I was just admitted on Monday. I guess a couple of people missed orientation and they had 4 extra seats. I am just waiting to hear from the Fin. Aid office. I am so nervous. I don't even have housing.

I got a call too offering admission yesterday......but I declined. I am already settled and wired for howard...my medical stuff...financial aid and everything. I just am not up to moving back to philly now. I am also attending howard's summer preview program for P1s and our white coat ceremony is in exactly 1 week.

PS; I was actually surprised...I withdrew my application from the waitlist earlier in the summer. Apparently, somebody didn't physically pull it out!:rolleyes:

Got a letter today. Officially denied. Congratulations to those of you who got in. I guess I have to register with Pharmcas now and try again next year:(:(