Temple Waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMD DOC

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what my chances are for getting into Temple if I have been put on the waitlist. I have a ~ 3.2 GPA in Engineering, 21 Academic/21 Science/18 DAT Score. Lots of dental shadowing and started a business also in my undergrad years.

On a side note I really wanted to go to Nova but I find it strange that after leaving 3 phone messages and emailing them 3 times I recieved no feedback or response from them. I guess they basically don't care, which is cool, but I wish they would just say that instead of the cold shoulder.

Anyway any input on the wait list would be excellent!

4 more weeks till I graduate from undergrad :p

Members don't see this ad.

I think the best thing for you to do now would be to contact mark lombard and see what position you are on the waitlist (i'm not sure exactly when they start ranking the waitlist though) but yeah...Just see how far down you are and that would give you a pretty good indication of the likelyhood of getting in for next year. (each year varies w/the number of people that get taken off the waitlist and offered acceptances.....sometimes none...sometimes as many as 15 or so...depends...)Your stats sound pretty good....did you apply late or something? just curious...neways....yeah....if you made any other connections when you were at the interview(maybe w/the interviewer or anyone else) you may want to contact them and see what they may be able to do for your situation. good luck and maybe i'll see you next year!!!
-Andrew

Thanks for the reply. I applied late thats why I did not get in right away. I have contacted Mark on several occasions he seems optimistic but has indicated that last year NO ONE dropped out from the class that paid their second deposit and the year before that only 12 did. I don't think we are ranked yet. Also when is the second deposit due, I think a lot of people have decided to go elsewhere and I am hoping some spots will open when they do not recieve the 2nd deposit from these people.

Thanks Again.
Vikas

Members don't see this ad :)
Man...I was really hoping that the deposit wasn't due till May. That means that everyone is pretty much locked in till Aug. I guess it was written in my destiny to go to Boston. I did love the ppl, city and facilities, just not the price tag. Dentistry is what you make of it as any career is.

- Vikas

Vikas,

Hang in there, bud! Anything can happen. At least you're in for next year!!

:cool:

I got waitlisted too and last week, I got waitlisted at Michigan. Who do I have to sleep with to get into these schools?! I guess I'll just have to sweat it out.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by space kacy:
•I got waitlisted too and last week, I got waitlisted at Michigan. Who do I have to sleep with to get into these schools?! I guess I'll just have to sweat it out.•••••Do you know when we get ranked on the waitlist by Temple?

Thanks in advance.

My letter says to call only after May 15. The toll free # is 1-800-441-4-DMD. Wasn't Mark Lombard cool? He was a really nice guy and he knew like everyone. It blew my mind. I also got waitlisted at UOP. I applied fairly late but I will be going to school this year so whew! Next year applicants...apply early! My letter also says the ranking is the product of your GPA multiplied by your Academic Avg on the DAT.

Just looked at the letter more closely, the yellow sheet describes the ranking process. I guess we will know what are chances are on May 15th. Thanks for the info, I will keep in touch.