Temple waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jay c

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know when Temple's "Continuing candidates list" will start moving? appreciate any info.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

According to the OFFICIAL 2003 Waitlist Movement thread,
the temple ccl list has been moving at least since 5/20 and it's by telephone that they notifiy you

hey i interviewed in january and got teh CCL two weeks later!
i am of state and would love togo there.

anyone else hear post-ccl?

gluck

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm also on temple's waitlist. i'm out-of-state and interviewed in march. on last yr's thread about waitlist movement i saw that people were taken off of the list in mid and late june. from what they told me at the interview, they expect to have a lot of movement on their waitlist this yr.

I'm sure you guys all know this, but in case you don't, make sure to stay in touch with the admissions office and let them know you are interested in the school. I'm a current temple student, but it took me 2 application cycles to get in. This will likely sound like an urban legend, but at my 2nd interview, I was told that I had been at the very top of the wait list the previous year, and if I had only expressed more interest, I would have gotten in (I sent 1 or 2 letters of interest). This led me to believe that you can move up or down on the list, depending on how interested they believe you are in the school.

Good luck to all of you, and you can pm me with specific temple or philly questions.

Originally posted by lilnix
i'm also on temple's waitlist. i'm out-of-state and interviewed in march. on last yr's thread about waitlist movement i saw that people were taken off of the list in mid and late june. from what they told me at the interview, they expect to have a lot of movement on their waitlist this yr.

There was virtually no movement last year at Temple because they "oversubscribed" last year due to the AMCAS fiasco. The only person who got off the actual waitlist was Doctora Foxy, only because she told them that she would rather go there than Finch, which at that time was her only acceptance. In the end it did not matter because she got into UF, but my point is that Temple had very little to no movement at all according to their admissions office. I'm sure they did not make the same mistake they did last year, and the waitlist will actually move this year. Good luck to everyone waiting on Temple. It was my very first medical school interview last year and besides the fact that its located on a rough area, its really a pretty good school.

Thanks to everyone for the information.