Temple??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PittBoo50

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from Temple lately? My file was complete early in September, but I haven't heard a peep....not even a letter confirming that they had cashed my check. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I am waiting too and haven't heard anything. All they say when you call is that your application is complete...I have been complete since the middle of september and nothin'....

Good luck to you!

SS

I completed my app in August, and I got an interview in mid-October. But, they told me at the interview that since they are partially state-affiliated, they typically interview the in-state applicants before they get to the out of staters. They usually don't do interviews with out of state people until later on. Including myself, there were 2 out of state people at the interview session out of 15 maybe, and the admissions officer told us that it was unusual for us to be there this early. So, if you're not from PA, don't worry about not hearing from them...

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I just got a Temple interview. My app has been complete since August. I'm wondering if I should even go since I'm kind of broke, and I'm already accepted at a good state school in Ohio. What do you guys think? Is Temple awesome?

hey octopus,

it depends on what you are into... temple is more of a primary care place. its facilities are ok, but less new than in other schools. i was not able to sit in a class but i can tell you that they are not research oriented... did you get into ohio state? Good luck!
laters,
dd

octopus,
temple is by no means my first choice, but it considered a good school. it really depends on what you are looking for in a med school. if what you want is incredible and varied clinical experience for your third and fourth years, then temple would be a good choice. temple is in a very poor neighborhood, which provides for a diverse patient base, and it serves as a major trauma center in philly. they get lots of gunshot victims, etc. they also have a great children's hospital that was built in the last few years. the students there seemed to like it there, and everyone was very friendly.

but, to save the $$$ it may be worth it to go to your state school. if you really are happy with your state school, then there is probably no reason to go to the temple interview, unless you really want to be in philly. and it's not considered a top school, its no hopkins or harvard by any means.

good luck though!

to anyone who hasn't heard from temple... my app. was complete in late august, so i'd pretty much given up hope on getting an interview, but i got one a few weeks ago... MUCH later than my other interviews. i'm actually not going b/c i'm already into my top choice, but still interviews are always welcome! just a bit of hope for anyone who is still waiting to hear.