Tennessee MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itaos

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone care to share their experience with the TN MPJE?

I am taking the exam from out of state and am currently reviewing the state statutes, federal law and rxexam website materials. I cannot find a local college review book, is there anything else that would be helpful? Are there any unique things that Tennessee does that stand out?

FYI Tennessee Pharmacists Association offers study material on their website, but be aware it's 99% just the statutes organized in a pdf that they shill for $50.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Anyone care to share their experience with the TN MPJE?

I am taking the exam from out of state and am currently reviewing the state statutes, federal law and rxexam website materials. I cannot find a local college review book, is there anything else that would be helpful? Are there any unique things that Tennessee does that stand out?

FYI Tennessee Pharmacists Association offers study material on their website, but be aware it's 99% just the statutes organized in a pdf that they shill for $50.

For anyone who wants some guidance on studying:

Prepare for lots of "choose all that apply questions". So if there is a list of requirements or items in the law, you will want to know the list by heart, not just a general idea.

Majority of questions are situation based and they are looking for the "best" answer, not necessarily the perfect one.

All sections of 1140 were represented; it was retail focused as you might expect but it cast a wide net on other practice sites.

50/50 split on federal and state law.

Less focus on knowing specific number of days something must be reported than on past exams I've taken.

Things have certainly changed since the last time I took an MPJE. Many more questions that require common sense vs memorization of facts.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
For anyone who wants some guidance on studying:

Prepare for lots of "choose all that apply questions". So if there is a list of requirements or items in the law, you will want to know the list by heart, not just a general idea.

Majority of questions are situation based and they are looking for the "best" answer, not necessarily the perfect one.

All sections of 1140 were represented; it was retail focused as you might expect but it cast a wide net on other practice sites.

50/50 split on federal and state law.

Less focus on knowing specific number of days something must be reported than on past exams I've taken.

Things have certainly changed since the last time I took an MPJE. Many more questions that require common sense vs memorization of facts.

Good luck.