terrible mcat score...what should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well I would tell your shoe that since podiatry has lax standards anyway compared to medical, dental or optometry schools that if a long shot was going to happen podiatry is where it'll be so long as you really want it and are willing to make the changes\sacrifices needed. :laugh:

I've haven't ignored any relevant information about the OP or anybody for that matter. What I do know is that she had only two minor bumps in the road that are hardly a reason to change the direction of her life at this point. Dreams are just that dreams because you are willing to do whatever it takes to make them reality.

I can name you many examples of people who have both been successful in other professionals before being successful in medicine and also vice versa, people who have been successful in medicine and went on to find their true calling in life and I would bet the first thing they would tell anyone is to not let small defeats stand in the way of finding where you belong.

Members don't see this ad.

Well I would tell your shoe that since podiatry has lax standards anyway compared to medical, dental or optometry schools that if a long shot was going to happen podiatry is where it'll be so long as you really want it and are willing to make the changes\sacrifices needed. :laugh:
:thumbup:

Haha, I like you okay, friend.

No hard feelings on this end from this somewhat heated discussion. I suppose it's the anonymity that provides me with the feeling that I can or should be more harsh, more immature or less reasonable with those who disagree, but I hope you might share my opinion that a disagreement regarding this thread isn't enough to put someone in that "what a douche" section of memory.

I always appreciate disagreements more than the opposite because it necessitates my reevaluation of my own ideas. Sometimes they change, sometimes they don't, but this sort of exchange is what I call "the good stuff".

Anyway, best of luck in your endeavors.

No hard feelings at all. People disagree and words get tense but being open to at least listening to the other side of an argument is a sign of true maturity and is something that isn't innate but rather cultivated through experience. It's what seperates us from the rest of the primates...and the ability to play basketball apparently. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
But then again you probably NEVER had a shot at basketball, after all you ARE from Canada (now don't list the Canadian NBA stars, I know who they are).

FYI, the modern rules of pro Basketball were invented by James Naismith in the 1890's (about) at McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, CANADA. :p

Actually your example lends itself to a definite "possibly". There have been NBA players that were 5'7" that were successful.

You exactly proved my point. So because several men who were 5'7" played successfully at the pro level, does that mean any 5'7" male can achieve the same? Most definitely not. Their talent AND motivation made it possible for them. That was what I was trying to get across.

FYI, the modern rules of pro Basketball were invented by James Naismith in the 1890's (about) at McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, CANADA. :p

Are you talking about North United States?

Sooo... How BOUT that curling...

Last edited:
Our 51st state needs to hand over all their ice... This is going to be a hot summer... :cool:

They do already. The hydro-electric power that is generated within Quebec supplies most of the NE Seaboard with electricity.

For some history, the actual land that Quebec had was not inclusive of the Hudson Bay, but only the St. Lawrence water way initially. Quebec was given the land by Canada to cultivate industry up there (logging and furriers), and a bunch of years ago, when Quebec threatened to withdraw from Canada (on the basis of language discrimination), Canada said "Ok, but we'll have all that land back and start charging your new country for electricity like you do everyone else". Well, that changed the Quebecoise's mind didn't it?

Kidsfeet... I saw... "Quebec"... and saw gibberish afterwards... I tease... I love Canada: 1/2 of Niagara Falls is Canadian! But seriously about the curling... I don't know if anyone else watches it during the Olympics... but it is BAD A**!!!!! I've never seen anyone look so focused in my entire life.

Members don't see this ad :)
I could sit in the library and study english history for 30 hours and still fail my cell phys test. But to you, that is good study habits, because I studied for 30 hours, albeit incorrectly.

Sorry, but no. I'm not sure where you got that.

I said, "Neither you nor I are aware of her study habits. I don't care if you study 24 hours a day. If you do it incorrectly, it will not get you what you need. It could be as simple as not knowing how to study for the MCAT."

Translation: 24 hrs a day, incorrectly = bad study habits.

All I have to say is: Spud Webb :laugh:

We can talk ah-boot Curling all you want, my good man...

hmmm, I always thought Feisty was a good woman?? :confused: Let's just go straight to ice hockey.. Go Caps!

... I believe he was using a phrase... But, do I need to beat my chest and flex my e-biceps to show how manly I am?

Oops.:eek: Sorry if I offended. Don't know why I thought that. Maybe it's because you have been manly enough to show your 'sensitive side' :laugh:

Hmm, now that I think about it, not too many women would 1. Have Feisty in their username, or 2. Mention they were taller than another manly man or 3. Admit to liking curling :smuggrin:

You're probably craning me, which in that sense you're a cool chick :laugh:

LOL yea... I'm just pretty laid back... not like you and bob at all lol... I only mentioned the height thing because I'm 5'8 on a sunny day :cool: Many a drinking game was played to Curling in the olympics...

Haha, I'm sitting here with a huge grin on my face, nearly laughing out loud after reading that.

It's amazing how much you can alter a persona or give off an impression that represents you poorly on the internet.

I'm one of the most laid back people you'll ever meet! If there is one thing I love, though, it's a good debate. Gets me into trouble because I come across as combative, but really I just love sitting around and flexing the old cerebral muscles and to see how concrete my own ideas are, based on how well they stand up to debate and disagreement.

That's the internet for ya', eh? (that "eh" was for Kidsfeet)

There is something intoxicating about a good debate isn't there? Especially among intellectual equals from different backgrounds.

LOL bob... I'm sure you are laid back. I don't really alter my persona. I'm just SuperFeisty, ex gamer, future pod student. U go to Scholl right bob? Hit me up on Tuesday! I'll be flying in for mah interview!

hmmm, I always thought Feisty was a good woman?? :confused: Let's just go straight to ice hockey.. Go Caps!

Ack, my bad.

And...GO FLYERS! (I get crap from my BiL all the time as he is a HUGE Habs fan).

You exactly proved my point. So because several men who were 5'7" played successfully at the pro level, does that mean any 5'7" male can achieve the same? Most definitely not. Their talent AND motivation made it possible for them. That was what I was trying to get across.

????? You really know how to twist thoughts and comments.

LOL yea... I'm just pretty laid back... not like you and bob at all lol... I only mentioned the height thing because I'm 5'8 on a sunny day :cool: Many a drinking game was played to Curling in the olympics...

Lol. Well, Mr. (you like that?) Feisty Meister, I could have written the exact same response as bob. I'm really laid back in general, just like a good debate. If it's anything sports related, however, or even playing cards, I will become *slightly* competitive :smuggrin:

I'm guessing bob and I could never be married....too much alike in the wrong ways. We'd sit around saying nice things to each other, not caring about anything until something random came up and then it'd be days of arguing why you should/should not be allowed to still write personal checks at the grocery store. After it was settled, we'd find out that each of us took the opposite stance that we really believed in because we just wanted to take the opposite viewpoint of our spouse for the sake of a good debate :cool:

But you, Mr. Feisty....Olympic Curling drinking gamer you....now that is a recipe for a great mate :love:

I appreciate it... but I swear I have a girlfriend in Northern Sweden! By the way, I'm laid back on stuff I don't really know much about. As my friends will attest, I will go toe to toe with anyone academically if I know I'm right. I sleep on a waterbed made from the tears of students who try and out smart*** me in class. :D

Sorry, but no. I'm not sure where you got that.

I said, "Neither you nor I are aware of her study habits. I don't care if you study 24 hours a day. If you do it incorrectly, it will not get you what you need. It could be as simple as not knowing how to study for the MCAT."

Translation: 24 hrs a day, incorrectly = bad study habits.:

So then we agree the OP has terrible study habits.... You can't have good study habits and only get a sixteen after quitting your job to Presumably study full time.

I got my original notion when you said we don't know how the OP's study habits were. It seems pretty clearly to me how her habits are!

????? You really know how to twist thoughts and comments.

Huh? Thanks...I think...:confused:

I'm using your argument as a springboard to further explain my theory. Twisting thoughts and comments? Maybe. I prefer to call it a lively debate.

If I've learned anything from presidential races, it's that the key to winning a debate has nothing to do with knowing anything or having a good understanding of what you believe or why, and everything to do with little passive aggressive underhanded comments that aren't really true and don't really matter.

What's that? You went to college?
"My opponent spend years surrounding themselves with drug users and alcohol abusers...is this really who's side you want to take?"

Wait...you want to be a podiatrist?
"My opponent has an interest in feet that far surpasses what people would consider 'normal'."

You're from Canada?
"Too easy" :)

LOL flyhi... that was hilarious! I happen to play violin too... Is it safe to say if we ever want to conclude a debate, we can always make fun of Canada (poor Kidsfeet) Forgive me for posting so much, it's spring break... I'm at Starbucks... and I have a Biochem test soon...