Terrible things you've seen/heard premeds do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pritomd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone knows med school is extremely competitive, and people go to extreme lengths to help them reach this goal such as countless hours at office hours/studying, getting all sorts of exposure through volunteering/shadowing, research, etc.

But have you ever heard premeds doing some questionable things to help further their cause? I am curious to hear some.

Some things I've heard:
*Someone in a class asks a premed to study together/do a study group; the premed gives incorrect information on purpose in order to lower the score of his/her peers and get higher on the curve.

*Cheating on tests

*If a professor doesn't photocopy a test, they erase an answer from a corrected exam and put the correct one, take it to the professor, and claim the TA/professor made a grading mistake.

What are some questionable things you've seen/experienced some premeds do to do whatever it takes?

Members don't see this ad.

The only premeds i know of aren't in my class, and i tutor them. If something did happen, most likely i didn't pay attention...

But have you ever heard premeds doing some questionable things....

Define questionable...

1) I use a comb-over to cover my bald spot---Does this count?

2) I missed Comicon 2009:eek::eek: to study for my phsics final.

3) I gave up World of Warcraft this semster to study for the MCAT---I suffer every day!!!

4) I bought a TI-84 plus instead of a TI-89 titanium even though my frat buddies advised against it.

5) I regularly stock girls on Facebook...actually doing that right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember reading somewhere on this site about a pre-med on the first day of class announce to the professor: " I'm a pre-med so you have to give me an A"

I remember reading somewhere on this site about a pre-med on the first day of class announce to the professor: " I'm a pre-med so you have to give me an A"

LMAO what a *******. I bet it was gen chem I or something and they either failed or dropped.

I heard that Glenn Beck raped and murdered a girl in 1990, but I don't know if he was a pre med...but he MIGHT have been

In Human Gross lab we had lab practicals
People would look at the structure and write down an answer.
Then move the pin to another artery/vein/structure so that the rest of the class would miss it.

Funny thing is, the teacher looked at all the exams and figured out when everyone started getting the answer wrong..lol

Def a Pre-med thing!

Members don't see this ad :)
In Human Gross lab we had lab practicals
People would look at the structure and write down an answer.
Then move the pin to another artery/vein/structure so that the rest of the class would miss it.

Funny thing is, the teacher looked at all the exams and figured out when everyone started getting the answer wrong..lol

Def a Pre-med thing!

No, it's a douchebag thing. Just because someone makes the choice to become pre-med doesn't automatically make it expected/OK for them to be malicious toward their classmates and purposely screw people over. Correlation, not causation.

interesting thread! definitely speaks out to the elephant in the room, so to speak.

anybody ever been a VICTIM of pre-med hate? in my last semester of college, i had a paper stolen from me. i printed it in a lab, put it down to order a cup of tea, and someone had stolen my paper for a bio-organic chemistry class. i looked all over for it, asked around if people had seen it, and even stuck my hand in the trash to see if it was buried (would that be considered pre-med desperation?). never found it, and i had to tell my professor that i was quite certain it was taken by somebody. the worst part? he did not at any time think i was making it up or lying, looked at me with sympathy, as if it was a common practice at my university, told me it was ok, and to bring another copy of it to his office later in the day.

i'll never know what exactly happened to my paper, but am almost convinced that it was stolen.

In my Chem I lab at Duke we were given instructions by the professor to make sure one of us was always by our lab station. Since the grade was based on % error and it was a bell curve people would sabotage unattended setups.

One of the other moderators (non med/pre-med) said he once had someone tell him "Get out of my way, I'm pre-med."

I can imagine how this exchange would have gone if I was part of it...

Person: "Get out of my way, I'm pre-med."
*pow*
Person: "So much blood. My nose, is it... broken?"

No, it's a douchebag thing. Just because someone makes the choice to become pre-med doesn't automatically make it expected/OK for them to be malicious toward their classmates and purposely screw people over. Correlation, not causation.
this.

Some are rather reluctant to share info/help others, point-grubbing, etc. But I understand all of it.

hmm, looks like someone was just trolling

winner.jpg

I can imagine how this exchange would have gone if I was part of it...

Person: "Get out of my way, I'm pre-med."
*pow*
Person: "So much blood. My nose, is it... broken?"

Hahahaha,....

thanks for a good laugh:):D:):D:):D:):D:)

Buying/selling Adderall before the MCAT...

Hahaha it probably went down more like this...

Gunner pre med: "psssst. wanna buy some Adderall?" (looks so legit in creepy long coat)
*Premed kids buy Adderall before MCAT - all are trying it for the first time*
*gunner pre med kid just made some big bucks off of sleeping pills, and got rid of some competition*

Hahaha it probably went down more like this...

Gunner pre med: "psssst. wanna buy some Adderall?" (looks so legit in creepy long coat)
*Premed kids buy Adderall before MCAT - all are trying it for the first time*
*gunner pre med kid just made some big bucks off of sleeping pills, and got rid of some competition*

Hahahaha.....another good laugh