Test centers can reschedule you?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoeNamath4Eva

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a call and e-mail from thompson prometric (the testing center) saying that all their tests at my site are re-scheduled. So I go to their website to find out what to do. All links refer me back to the AAMC web page and no phone numbers exist where I can talk to a live person. So I call AAMC and they said I'm regestered and good to go but they don't have a way of contacting thompson for at least a week... b/c their boss is out?. Great, now all the seats are gonna be full by the time I figure out who is right. AAMC says I can register at another site but they might not refund me. WHAT? Anyone else have to deal w/ this crap?

Members don't see this ad.

and if anyone knows what I should do, I'd really appreciate the advice:thumbup:

and if anyone knows what I should do, I'd really appreciate the advice:thumbup:

Sorry, I wish I did. I emailed the AAMC about not being able to find a spot in April. They apologized for the inconvenience. The only date closer to April is May 16th and that is 3hrs away from home.
I wish they'd have more testing centers, and soon. :eek:

same issue...trying to figure out what is going on. Although, I would suggest not doing anything until the offical word comes fom AAMC.

-dg

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received a response from AAMC stating to go ahead and reschedule.

-dg

I live in chicago and I tried to sign up for a spot on the May 31st test date and every testing center in Illinois is filled up throughout that date. They don't even have ONE seat available...so I'm going out of state to take mine :(

I live in chicago and I tried to sign up for a spot on the May 31st test date and every testing center in Illinois is filled up throughout that date. They don't even have ONE seat available...so I'm going out of state to take mine :(

....I wonder how many seats/date??
Need not worry though. Last time I complained about having to drive 3 hrs to take an exam, my father reminded me of taking boards across the country, sleeping in a foreign bed, traveling, etc etc etc. So it's good to be flexible these days.