NervousNerd

5+ Year Member
May 22, 2013
Status
Medical Student
You know that 10 minute tutorial at the beginning? After all these practice tests, I obviously don't read it. What I've been doing is taking my scrap page and spilling as many physics equations and gen chem equations as I could onto it in this 10 min.

Is this kosher on test day for the real thing? Anyone done this before with no problems from proctor?

The AAMC really has no guidelines to what you can't do during this 10 minutes other than the obvious no electronic devices. But I feel as if utilizing precious time for a brain dump is smart.

Ideas?

gettheleadout

MS-4
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2010
Status
Medical Student
This has been discussed on here before, and I've talked to the AAMC multiple times personally. You are correct that the AAMC allows writing on your scratch paper during the tutorial and examinee agreement, but you should be advised that it is not uncommon for test center proctors to be unaware of this and to prevent examinees from utilizing this right.

My advice? Clear the issue with your test center in advance. If you encounter resistance at least you'll have a number of weeks to provide them with an AAMC statement correcting them.

OP
NervousNerd

NervousNerd

5+ Year Member
May 22, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Good safe call. Will do mr. 40 something MCAT ;)