Test Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mm6284

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions about the actual test day:
1) Are we allowed to have notes with us to look over during the 30 min break?
2) Are we allowed access to the lockers during the 10 minute breaks?
3) Can we bring our own lunch/snack?
4) Can you take a water bottle in with you?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a couple of questions about the actual test day:
1) Are we allowed to have notes with us to look over during the 30 min break?
2) Are we allowed access to the lockers during the 10 minute breaks?
3) Can we bring our own lunch/snack?
4) Can you take a water bottle in with you?

1) it's three 10 minute breaks, and you aren't allowed to look at notes
2) yes
3) yes, during breaks
4) no - but you can bring water for your locker/breaks

I heard that you had to sign in and out at every break? does this cut into a lot of the break time? Also, does everyone start at the same time or you can start once you get signed it?

I heard that you had to sign in and out at every break? does this cut into a lot of the break time? Also, does everyone start at the same time or you can start once you get signed it?

signing in at the beginning takes a few minutes, but later on is not a big deal. they stagger the starts, presumably in part so people are not all signing in/out at the same time, so this wasnt a problem when I took the test.

my sign in required electronic fingerprinting each time and signing my name/time. not bad. if you plan to go to the rest room, you probably will not want to do anything else in the break (you could get away with it, but you'll worry about being late)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just one more tip - get there early! I was there an hour early, and allowed to start as soon as a got there. This is an advantage in the fact that 1)you get to get the darned thing over with earlier in the day and 2)you don't have to listen to everyone else typing their writing samples while you're trying to finish verbal.

Great thread.....but I had a question about "hearing people typing"....I was under the assumption that they gave you headphones during the test to block out noise?!? ANyone?:eek:

Great thread.....but I had a question about "hearing people typing"....I was under the assumption that they gave you headphones during the test to block out noise?!? ANyone?:eek:

my center had earplugs (two disposable packs at each station) and the orange noise blocking headset. there could've been a crying baby in the next station and I wouldn't have noticed. actually, the extreme silence could take some getting used to - maybe practice with earplugs in your already quiet home beforehand.