Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Test Files

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by cliff, May 21, 1999.

1. cliff

cliff Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Do all the schools offer incoming MSIs old tests? for a fee or free?

I have no idea.
    Thanks.

------------------

2. DJ

DJ Member
    10+ Year Member

I think at COMP prof. started phasing out this practice last year. Current MS-I students still have past exams from MS-IIs. Supposely this change happened because faculties and adminitrators are trying to structure exams based on COMLEX I exam. So more class exams will be COMLEX based type of questions.

3. DJ

DJ Member
    10+ Year Member

I think at COMP, prof. started phasing out this practice last year. Current MS-I students still have past exams from MS-IIs. Supposely this change happened because faculties and adminitrators are trying to structure exams based on COMLEX I exam. So more class exams will be COMLEX based type of questions.

4. NickCVM

NickCVM Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hay Cliff-
    your email address is not working correctly-
    let me know wh/ you fix it.
    Nicolas

5. cliff

cliff Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Nick

It should be up & running.

------------------

6. spunkydoc

spunkydoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

some schools consider test files cheating (ccom is one) however, students get around it by passing files down..faculty knows they are out there, expects students to use them to LEARN and go about making up new questions each year..

7. jdaasbo

jdaasbo Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I have never heard of test files beings considered as "cheating" at CCOM.

For physio our notepackets included the last two years exams fully keyed.

The anatomy department distributed floppy discs with computerized back tests.

hmm.

8. jwpelley

jwpelley Member
    10+ Year Member

I've posted this previously, but at this time of the year it may be worth a repeat so that those of you who are interested can bookmark the url. The medical biochemistry course here at Texas Tech has all of its old exams back to 1995 posted at our website. There are also some learning objectives that may help some of you prepare for exams more efficiently.

Our course is fairly standard and lately no one is failing the NBME final, so they are likely to be useful at any medical school.

The url for the main page is www.ttuhsc.edu/courses/biochem/ . To find the objectives just go to the course schedule and click on any of the lecture titles.

Unfortunately, the anatomy and histology courses don't give out their exams, illustrating the other side of this controversial issue.

Best of luck next year.

jwpelley