TEST IN 5 DAYS - POOR AAMC SCORES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nd09

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
My test is scheduled in 5 days (Nov 7th). I've been doing AAMC practice tests every day...but my scores are getting worse!!
AAMC 4 - 27....(10/9/8)
AAMC 5 - 23....(9/6/8)
AAMC 7 - 22....(8/6/8)
I plan on doing 8, 9 and 11 in the next 3 days...but I'm worried my scores will keep going down, and will do poorly on the real thing.
I've taken the TPR course and did well during the content review...and I'm making sure to go over each test and see where I made my mistakes.
Any advice??? I'm not sure what's going on but I'm starting to get extremely worried.
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Take it, if you feel like you did really well, I would keep it (topics were ones you understood strongly etc.)

But if I were you, I'm 95% sure I would void it, and try to get another spot in Jan. And it depends on what score you're aiming for.

Cause at this point you can't refund, those are pretty much your two options, score it or not :\

The AAMCs tend to get progressively harder, but if, when you take another test, you find your scores going downs even more, I'd encourage you to void it. There's always January, and you'll have a solid 2 months to perform much better.

Reactions: 1 user
If you are not comforable with your practice test scores VOID the actual test. Please do not make the mistake of thinking a miracle will save you. You can be absolutely certain that you WILL score within your practice test range on the actual exam. Goodluck

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't think about the January seats, act as if Nov 7th is absolute final chance, study hard, take breaks, review, visual doing well on each section.

January is mostly filled unless your interested flying to a testing site

Don't think about the January seats, act as if Nov 7th is absolute final chance, study hard, take breaks, review, visual doing well on each section.

January is mostly filled unless your interested flying to a testing site

Hey guys,
My test is scheduled in 5 days (Nov 7th). I've been doing AAMC practice tests every day...but my scores are getting worse!!
AAMC 4 - 27....(10/9/8)
AAMC 5 - 23....(9/6/8)
AAMC 7 - 22....(8/6/8)
I plan on doing 8, 9 and 11 in the next 3 days...but I'm worried my scores will keep going down, and will do poorly on the real thing.
I've taken the TPR course and did well during the content review...and I'm making sure to go over each test and see where I made my mistakes.
Any advice??? I'm not sure what's going on but I'm starting to get extremely worried.
Thanks!!

I would take the test in January If I were you. Just keep your momentum. You should take the test and use it for practice, and then void. Do problems!

Make sure you can find seats for January.

I would also void. Writing it and waiting for your results to come back takes time and makes you lose study momentum. Most likely than not, you will get the same score or lower on your test if you keep it. Good luck either way

the solution to such a scenario can be deduced using common sense. if you are unable to obtain the scores you hope to receive on the practice tests, and your practice scores are consistently within a tight range of each other, it is highly probable you will score within that range in 5 days.

thus, your options are:

1.) take it and get it scored (bad idea)
2.) take it and void (good idea)
3.) not take it, receive no refund, and receive no score (bad idea)