1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Test on Wednesday. Topscore 2 Bio Freaking Out

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by rpatel8, Jul 25, 2011.

1. rpatel8

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    My test is on Wednesday and I just took topscore test 2 other than the math section. I surprisingly did really well on the chemistries but struggled with bio.

Bio/GC/OC/PAT/Reading Comp
    18/25/23/19/21

I know a 18 in bio is not that bad but when looking through my questions, there was one or 2 that I guessed on and got correct so it should be more like a 17. This scares me as my test is so close.

Most of the questions I was struggling with seemed to do with diversity and things of that matter. What is the best thing to use to get a solid overview of this material in the next day?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. wired202808

wired202808 Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

patel you're fine, more than fine actually you're gonna nail all the sections (except reading comp; because the real one is much harder than Topscore, so I hope you practiced with something other than topscore)

18 in bio is fine. topscore is about 2 points lower than the real thing so it seems like you might get a 19 to 20 on the real bio.

4. rpatel8

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    The only reading comp I have done is topscore. How much harder is the real thing and in what ways? Thanks for your input

5. reely989

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Mine went down a point I think. It isn't that much harder. I actually thought I did much better than I did. The questions can just be worded kind of weird. There are also tone/inference questions on the real one, which weren't done in topscore. Overall, I really didn't think the real one was much harder, but different test versions make it hard to give you a blanket statement.

6. rp37

Pre-Dental

#5 rp37, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  7. budda10000

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Topscore bio is crap in my opinion. Want to know just how accurate it is? I scored 17,15,16 on its tests. Today I scored 24 on the bio section of the actual DAT. Its problem is that it asks you questions that are just way to specific. Like details on an individual class of flukes ect. Most the exam questions i came across that were specific were more physio/anatomy related like questions about where x hormone is produced or some details on hemoglobin.

8. wired202808

wired202808 Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

rub the belly of the budda! congrats haha can we get a breakdown?